Stay cool and Hydrated

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

woodwzrd

Same here in WI this whole week. I had a great show last weekend and my inventory is severely lacking right now but it is absolutely miserable in my shop in the evenings right now to restock.

egnald

Although it is still almost 80-degrees F here in Nebraska, the humidity is only about 60% today and there is a light breeze - very comfortable in the shade, relatively speaking. In any case it is a pleasant change from the 95% humidity we have been having.

Regards,
Dave

kitchlady

In Tucson, AZ & heat is always a challenge. If I know I am going to be turning, I try to eat some dill pickles - the salt will help you retain some water. (If you doubt that, I guess drinking pickle juice is an athletic trick & they actually just sell that). I also try to turn early, have a temperature gauge out there, with a few fans blowing on me.

Starting early has another benefit, you get used to the heat vs just going out there around noon.

Keep safe!!!

Madman1978

I watched a video where someone took a shot of pickle juice and dropped it into a beer. I don't drink beer so I have to pass on that

kitchlady

I watched a video where someone took a shot of pickle juice and dropped it into a beer. I don't drink beer so I have to pass on that
Weird... ya, I have had fewer issues with dehydration since I started doing this. Eating Chinese food would probably accomplish the same thing, stuff is so damn salty.

Pigpen

Indeed! Set a record high here yesterday of 110. Started out this morning in the mid 80's. Was 105 in the shop where I work yesterday:oops:
99 at 8p over here in Muskogee. Says it's 106 with the heat index. Found these in the console of my car. Glad I didn't leave my turned pens out there.

Attachments

• 20220720_201107.jpg
    20220720_201107.jpg
    272.3 KB · Views: 52
Top Bottom