Statesman with segmented blank from CSUSA

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Parson

Parson

This is a pen I turned for the Lone Star Pen Club, which is a bunch of rather well-to-do lawyers and doctors who love fountain pens and get together for dinner every eight weeks or so to show off their latest aquisitions, most of which are limited edition MontBlanc, Visconti, etc.

I offered to do a penturning demonstration for the club two years ago and they put me off until they ran out of featured speakers and asked me to do it.

So I dragged my lathe, a table, extension cord, tools, etc. all the way down to the restaurant and turned the cap on the pen below to show them how we take blocks of material and turn it into a pen.

The blank is one of CSUSA's new segmented poly or acrylic blanks. Turned beautifully, btw...

They stood there speechless and watched me turn. Fortunately I didn't have a blowout or chunkout or anything else that would have been catastrophic and the whole demonstration took about 45 minutes from start to MM polish finish.

I told them I only turned pens now as commissioned, and I don't make many pens without owners in mind, but this one was for sale for less than I normall sell them for. No takers :( This doesn't surprise me though as these people want mass produced-brand name pens, thinking they're better for some reason.

All this to say, here's the pen! Writes like a dream too with the Bock replacement nib...

Attachments

• Pen.jpg
    Pen.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 285
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

crabcreekind

Wow! That one is a stunner. You would think a pen like that a room full of pen nerds would have snatched it up right after you assembled it.

Top Bottom