Statesman with Mike Shue Black Opal FX

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from LagniappeRob

LagniappeRob

Finally worked up the nerve to turn this blank... I guess I can un-pucker now. Took me a couple weeks to work up to turning it.

Turned beautifully! It had a little different smell than what I was used to (PR & Alumilite). Very to photograph though! Different lighting shows different colors. I played with the lights a bit to try to show it, but didn't succeed very well. Will try again when it's daylight out.

C&C welcome.

Attachments

• DSC_0828-sm.jpg
    DSC_0828-sm.jpg
    436.8 KB · Views: 485
  • DSC_0829-sm.jpg
    DSC_0829-sm.jpg
    263.8 KB · Views: 458
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ChrisN

Nice job. I just finished making a pen with the Frost Opal FX blank. I agree with you about the smell and the pucker factor! I like how the colors change with lighting. It's the kind of thing you have to see in person.

Without something to compare the size it is hard to tell the Jr and full size apart. You said that the blanks had a different smell to them, what material are they cast from?

PR_Princess

The pen looks fantastic Rob. Nice job. Bet it will catch a lot of attention at a show!

LOL and I know how hard these are to photo, but your pics look great!! So much better than mine! :redface:

LagniappeRob

It turned the head of a dichroic glass artist... At the end of the show we traded, the pen (and I gave him a pepper mill - we've become friends over the past years +) for one of his dicho works... Very similar to this one, except a little smaller: Atlantis | Artsicle

He's going to use it to get customers to fill out the invoice... so maybe it'll lead to even more sales.

Top Bottom