Statesman for Cody

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Displaced Canadian

This is my first Jr. Statesman. Teak burl from Woodcraft. Ca finish, plastic polish then Rem wax. I think I like the more minimal look of the Gent. That is my personal opinion. Any and all comments welcome and appreciated.

Attachments

• Teak Burl.jpg
    Teak Burl.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 280
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

toddlajoie

Pen looks fantastic! I've always wanted to try the teak burl, but they seem to be out of it every time I order from them, so I just keep buying more of the cherry burl or black ash burl... but I will get some of the teak one of these days, and after seeing your pen, I'm more determined. I agree on liking the minimalist style of the Gent, but that's just me, and I've sold a lot of stuff that I disliked long before I sold pieces that I thought looked fantastic...

It will be a fine addition to Dan's fundraiser.

bitshird

I do believe that is about the first pen I've seen done with Teak Burl, I usually thought of Teak as too plain and Blah, but yours looks great on that Statesman, I like that kit any way, Nice finish too.

I love it...I think it is a great contribution like all of the other pens that have been made. This one will be in the silent auction for sure...it should bring a nice amount for the fund-raiser for Cody.

Thanks for your help!

broitblat

Chris,

Nice looking pen. There is some great figure in that teak burl (I've tried it a time or two and didn't get as much out of it, but maybe that's my finishing), and you did a great job with it.

I've always found the (Jr) Statesmen to be an elegant compromise between the basic Gent and the high bling pens. The Gents in the higher end platings work well for that, too.

-Barry

jskeen

Great pen. I think that the teak burl works with the statesman, since the features are fairly small, and relatively evenly distributed. I like the statesman kits for woods that is relatively fragile or that the blank is too short to make a custom centerband and finial on a jr gent.

David Keller

That's really nice. I usually prefer kits with less panache, but for a blank like this, I think the statesman is perfect.

Top Bottom