Started making pipes finally...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Hendu3270

Hendu3270

I've considered making pipes for quite some time. Actually considered pipes before ever making my first pen close to three years ago, but got more involved in pens than I thought I would and never looked back. This is my 6th pipe so far.

Cutting and shaping the stems has proven to be the most difficult part of the process. This one has a faux ivory and coral stem band.

Attachments

• LH14-6(1).jpg
    LH14-6(1).jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 293
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ronps

Very nice work.

Like you, I am returning to pipe making after a year of primarily pen making. However,
your skills are way ahead of mine. That's a great result on your 6th pipe.

Rock on!

southernclay

That's awesome Chris! Is their a site you would recommend for learning more about making pipes? Going to have to store it in my "one day" file.

Is that a mosaic on the mouthpiece? Part of the function or just design? Nice touch

Hendu3270

That's awesome Chris! Is their a site you would recommend for learning more about making pipes? Going to have to store it in my "one day" file.

Is that a mosaic on the mouthpiece? Part of the function or just design? Nice touch

Thanks! The forum I've been going through to pull ideas and information is pipemakersforum.com • Index page

The stem has an immitation ivory band and an immitation coral band, both from pen blanks purchased from Exotic Blanks.

Top Bottom