Starbread

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from egnald

egnald

Hello all,

I just put one of today's projects in the oven to bake. It is a Starbread that I am trying with Honey and Black Walnuts for a filling. I made one on Tuesday using Strawberry Preserves as the filling. (Starbread essentially has four layers of dough with a filling spread between the inside layers. Before it goes into the oven It gets cut into a sunflower type shape and the "petals" get twisted and pinched together to make the shape. They are easy to make and they taste good too - especially when they are still warm from the oven. - Dave

This is a picture of the Strawberry Jam filled Starbread I made on Tuesday.
Strawberry Jam Starbread.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Hippie3180

Hello all,

I just put one of today's projects in the oven to bake. It is a Starbread that I am trying with Honey and Black Walnuts for a filling. I made one on Tuesday using Strawberry Preserves as the filling. (Starbread essentially has four layers of dough with a filling spread between the inside layers. Before it goes into the oven It gets cut into a sunflower type shape and the "petals" get twisted and pinched together to make the shape. They are easy to make and they taste good too - especially when they are still warm from the oven. - Dave

View attachment 365886
Have you been hiding your kitchen skills from us? It looks amazing and I bet it's delicious.

walshjp17

They both look delicious, Dave. You should post a YT video of making one of the these breads so those of us who need a break from the shop can come inside and bake our own.;)

tomtedesco

Here is the Honey-Walnut one that I made today. Although the honey that seeped out while it was baking kind of made a sticky mess on the parchment paper and the tips didn't stay pinched together very well, as far as flavor goes I think the combination is a keeper. - Dave

View attachment 365888
I agree with you Dave, this one is a total mess. Why don't you ship it to me and I will dispose of it giving you room to make a proper one. ;)

Dieseldoc

Hello all,

View attachment 365886
My you need my shipping address???

Top Bottom