Stamp Blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mharvey

Larry gave me this idea...I have a few Soldiers with family in the Tuskeegee airmen unit...and the museum is near my brigade in LA...

I made this blank from stamps and logos...put on PPT, printed...sprayed with fixident stuff...and will cast after the superglue dries....looks like it will work....but now...I can design just about any logo pens....

One trick was to use a long line along the seem...that way it does not look iregular...and not real need to hide behind the clip.

Larry...any final advise before I drop in the PR?

Attachments

• photo1.JPG
    photo1.JPG
    87.2 KB · Views: 396
  • photo.2JPG.JPG
    photo.2JPG.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 394
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mharvey

Power Point....instead of pasteing many stamps...I download to powerpoint...and design one...and run off many...I am working on a unit one...a cisco one...and a Texas A&M....may catch on...but makes great gifts...

JohnU

Looks good. I've always had better luck casting stamp printed images rather than the real stamp. Less ink bleeding in the resin and better resin adhering with less air along the edges. Plus you can make more theme orientated pens and always print more if you make a mistake.

mharvey

agree...btw...ENSURE....you run the glue...along the very edge and teh sides....and roll it hard....or the seem will show...not too much glue...

i used CA...not sure that is the best stuff...what do u use.

its_virgil

I do label printed logos with as much black as possible, or at least a black border which helps hide the seam. Use a black marker to mark the edge of the overlap to hide the white cut edge. I use no glue or sealer on the label itself. I know most do use some kind of fixative on the printed label and even a coat of CA glue. I never have and have no problems. The overlaped edge needs to be pressed into place with ample force and left for a day or two.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

navycop

I do label printed logos with as much black as possible, or at least a black border which helps hide the seam. Use a black marker to mark the edge of the overlap to hide the white cut edge. I use no glue or sealer on the label itself. I know most do use some kind of fixative on the printed label and even a coat of CA glue. I never have and have no problems. The overlaped edge needs to be pressed into place with ample force and left for a day or two.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Just curious. Do you then cast over the label after it drys?

Top Bottom