Stainless steel fountain pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BradG

BradG

A commission completed for one of my customers. A stainless steel fine writing instrument, which while it is pictured with a stainless steel JoWo nib, this will be delivered with a very nice Rhodium, custom ground, fine oblique nib.

Attachments

• ss1.jpg
    ss1.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 237
  • ss2.jpg
    ss2.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 245
  • ss3.jpg
    ss3.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 257
  • ss4.jpg
    ss4.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 245
  • ss5.jpg
    ss5.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 239
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

howsitwork

Very, very nice! Great finish and well executed. What sort of grit leave did you go up to on that to get the brushed finish??

Ian

Curly

A really good looking pen.

I don't know if you are aware or not but normal practice when turning metal is no more than 3 diameters of metal sticking out past the chuck jaws unless it is supported by the tailstock centre. It is to maintain accuracy, chatter free finish, and to prevent the metal from deflecting, possibly bending. A fixed or travelling steady is the alternative to the centre. Your choice but you should be aware of what the best practice is.

BradG

Thanks for the kind words all

Pete, it's fine so long as you don't apply too much lateral force. Sometimes I use a live centre, but not often.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Nice to see you using a decent hard material for a change, instead of that soft girly stuff...:biggrin:

Looks good!!:cool:

BradG

Nice to see you using a decent hard material for a change, instead of that soft girly stuff...:biggrin:

Looks good!!:cool:

I have a new found respect for your skills Steve lol. you're right, it sure isn't soft aluminium :biggrin: coolant for the win.

Top Bottom