Stainless and Real Damascus Steel

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from skiprat

btboone

Nicely done. I agree with Bruce, the stuff usually kills my tools too! Especially drills. I like the flared shape. Very classy.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenMan1

Skip:
It may be like painting a mustache on the Mona Lisa.....But I really do like it with the clip. But then again, I'm just on ole redneck.

SWEET, Super nice pen!!! Mama Cat says its fabulous too. She wants to know why I don't make "normal people pens" Looks like I'm gonna have to find a piece of Damascus somewhere and make her a "normal one":) Great pen Skippy :cat:

Jim Smith

Skip,

First off, it's really great to see you post another one of your beautiful and inspirational pens. You are a true artist.

You did an amazing job on that pen! Thank you for sharing.

Jim Smith

workinforwood

Beautiful craftsman ship Steve! That's one stunning pen with beautiful lines and flow to it. I hope you realize when I say "teach the rat to make a pen"..I might have been talking about Mickey Mouse.:wink:

David Keller

That's a fantastic looking pen... Thanks for making pens and taking the time to post them here. It's just awesome.

That pen is fantastic, Steven, Front page worthy for sure. Maybe we'll see it there.

I have connections with one of the top damascus makers in the world (I see him at a lot of the knife shows we do.... we often trade stabilized wood for his steel), I may have to ask him about making some pen blank material for me. Maybe someday I'll have a metal lathe.

azimmer1

Beautiful pen.
If you want more contrast in your Damascus, dip it in in Ferric Chloride. Besides making pens, I make Damascus Chef's Knives and that is what I use. You can buy it at radio shack.
It is called etchant solution.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Many thanks for all the kind words. They are very much appreciated:):redface:
(I tried to put the newer pics ( with clip ) in the first post but they can't be edited)

pianomanpj

Fantastic work, Steve! Man, your pens NEVER fail to impress... :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I love the fact that you're always raising the bar, but I keep cracking my head on it!! :eek::rolleyes::biggrin:

Rfturner

another awesome pen, your pens are always stunning and I wish I had friends that just happened to have some real damacas steel even if I had to trade for it

bitshird

Now do you understand why you are so revered on this site, sure the M3 Damascus is kind of cool, BUT the real steel is freaking awesome, Great pen Mr. Rat.

Maximil

Beautiful ;)

What type of thread is it ?
What about risk of rust on damas with transpiration ?

Last edited:
Top Bottom