Stained Glass Jr.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from sorcerertd

sorcerertd

I don't work with resins/acrylics often, only because it stinks, but every now and then...

This is a Jr. Gent dressed in a blank called "Lava Bright Crush Stained Glass" from PSI. It was part of their 30% off sale so why not grab a couple, right? Been working on fine tuning my finishing skills and am pretty happy with that aspect of it. I used the first 3 grits of MM pads, then switched to Zona paper. Buffed on the new PSI lathe buffing system that Santa brought recently.

Nitpicking on my own work, I think the finial is a bit too proud of the cap and there is an interesting reticulated pattern you can see through the green in the one picture. (Presumably from the glue/paint?)

jr.gent.SG1.jpg

jr.gent.SG7.jpg

jr.gent.SG8.jpg jr.gent.SG3.jpg jr.gent.SG4.jpg jr.gent.SG6.jpg jr.gent.SG9.jpg

Attachments

• jr.gent.SG2.jpg
    jr.gent.SG2.jpg
    402.3 KB · Views: 107
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Interesting and delightful blank. To me... the finial is perfect. I personally like to see just a bit of the side, just to see what pattern there may be. Very nice finished pen.

Once I got the hand of the finials, I personally use them every chance I have. Thanks to Jason - Argo13 - for his Ohio Chapter demo many decades ago!.. šŸ¤£ ;)

sorcerertd

Thanks everyone. I guess I'll be proud of the proudness of the finial? The plan was to have it look more domed. This is only the second one I've done (the first being in ebony). There will definitely be more. Hmm, domed, faceted, pointed, patterned? Wonder if anyone has tried the chatter technique on something that small?

Top Bottom