Stabilzer Gurus - Check this out

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's amazing what you find when you are not looking.

prodImage_1147.JPG

I was at a big box store and they had these FoodSaver jars. Quart size jar was $5.00. I picked one up and tried it out. Easily holds 20# of vacuum without leaking. This jar has a pressure realease button so the lid can be opened.

These work with those systems that seal food in vaccum bags.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fangar

My acetone, poly mix would cause an issue with the plastic jars. Good idea though. Also, I am not sure a food saver will actually pull a 20 in lb vacuum, though I have never tried to measure it.

James

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Acetone does not affect all plastics.
Though I would not use a jar like that, I did put some acetone in a soda bottle to see if it would ment and it didn't.
(I was looking for another source of plastic to dissolve)
I have not tried it but was told that acetone does not dissolve lexan.

Originally posted by low_48
<br />Just don't get any acetone around them![:I] Don't ask!

And here I was all excited. Oh well!

Originally posted by loglugger
<br />You might get by with putting a glass jar inside it.

There are four sizes up to a gallon. There was also lids that fit over mason jars.

Originally posted by Fangar
<br />I am not sure a food saver will actually pull a 20 in lb vacuum, though I have never tried to measure it.

I did that last night and it held. I released the pressure after about 20 minutes.

Chris Hare

I have a foodsaver vac system. You can use it on Mason jars also. I found a large mason(2qt?) jar at a craft store and was able to vacuum for two days. I have used it on mason jars and had them stay sealed for months. Be warned that you need to use a large jar. I used a standard qt. jar the first time wil pentacryl and 6" blanks. I had pentacryl all over the top of my table saw from the foaming[xx(].

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom