Stabilizing

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

melogic

I know I have seen it somewhere on this site, but who is a good source for stabilizing blanks? This is for a friend and he wants to send them out to have someone stablize them for him and I know I've seen it on here before but can't find it. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance! [^]

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

I think the company that is most recommended is River Ridge (http://www.rrpwhite.com/stabilizing%20page.htm ) They charge $1.10 per pen blank, though they do have a minimum order.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
I've just sent a batch to River Ridge and will probably try WSSI (http://www.stabilizedwood.com/price.shtml). WSSI is a bit more expensive, but I understand that Bill Baumbeck uses them. That's a pretty good recommendation from my point of view. [8D]

melogic

Thanks everyone for all of this valuable information. I think my friend has about 11 blanks. I'll pass this info. along to him and let him decide. Thanks again for all of the input. Who needs Jeeves when we got IAP! [^]

wayneis

Steve at River Ridge has done at least a hundred blamks for me and I'll keep goin to him. In fact I have an order that he is shipping back to me tomorrow. He does good work and he and his wife are real nice people.

Wayne

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
I will agree with Wayne about the quality of RR work.. they did about 50 for me recently.. all nicely stabilized.. just thought I would let you all know about Johnny also..

rtjw

Yes. I finally got everything I need to do anything I want. Everyone may not agree with me about resins, but I think I have found a really good polyurethane additive that is a adhesive as well as a hardner. I have been playing around with it this week and so far it is working well. It makes a corn cob hard as rock. I am going to be trying wood out this weekend if i get a chance.

Thursday I had second grade field trip which I had to get pizza for all the second grade. Tuesday we had second grade bicycle safety rodeo in which I bought helmets for the kids, Friday we have field day in which the kids get to get me wet. All this and I aint even got a second grader. My daughter is in the first grade! Thats all next week. So I get to blow a another wad of money then too. That is not counting everything I have to do for my wifes fourth grade class. And I do all this because I love it.

Saturday we have birthday parties for my two kids.

It is the end of a school year so I am pretty busy. So hopefully I will be able to get into the shop sometime this weekend.

coach

You sound busy Johnny. Sounds like fun though. I will be in Austin for the state track meet. We are going up early today hopefully to check out their Woodcraft.

jdavis

Second the staying busy with second grader. My granddaughter is a second grader. Fixing to go to Author Tea. She is to read the book she wrote about myself and her daddy. Has been something everyday this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom