Stabilizing material? What one. No 1 can HELP???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Hello, I'm going to try to stabilize some wood over the next few days(wish me luck). My question is this of these materials thst I have in the basement(I won't have to spend more money, not until I'm sure I can get it right) this is what I have-Regular and water based Poly,Olympic sanding sealer, and Helmsman Spar Urethane. What would give me best results and do these need to be thinned. I hope you guys say the sanding sealer is best, I have 2 gallons that are at least a year old and need to be used. Thanks for the information, Victor

great12b4ever

Victor, I haven't used any of the products you listed, but I have used the Minwax Wood Hardner with decent results. There is a tutorial on stabilizing using the Polyurethane. I would guess that the Spar Urethane would work, but haven't actually used it. I have never tried to use just the sanding sealer so can't say on that. Sorry I can't be of more help

Rob

Just wanted some feed back, I had read some place that someone used sanding sealer and liked it(can't remember). I think I will try the poly as that is what I have found the most information on. Thanks for everything, Victor

Top Bottom