St Louis Cardinals and MPG blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JohnU

JohnU

I just finished these and thought I would post a couple pictures. I mostly turn acrylics but I've always been a wood guy at heart and love the chance to turn a nice wood blank with characther.

The first is a requested St. Louis Cardinals pen made of Ash and segmented red dyed boxelder. The logo was a sticker I bought under a clear CA finishs. The components are a black Ti and Ti gold Sierra from Exoticblanks.

The last pictures are a group of donation pens for an upcoming fundraiser that I'll be sending out for logo engraving. All of these wood blanks were saved in my personal stash that Ive been saving for something special. Here they are before the engraving....

All are on Rhodium Jr Gent II components. The first is a spalted hackberry, The second and third are Ash, The fourth and fifth are Buckeye, The sixth and seventh are Oak, the eighth is Sycamore burl and the last one is Spaulted Maple.

I bought the first seven blanks from Low48 (Rich) at the last couple Midwest Penturners Gathering. I dont know how he parts with blanks like these but I know I'll be bringing more money this year in hopes of restocking. The last two were pieces I rescued from a fire wood pile.

Thanks for all comments and Thanks Again Rich!

John

Attachments

• st louis_960x407.JPG
    st louis_960x407.JPG
    77.5 KB · Views: 334
  • ita group_960x594.JPG
    ita group_960x594.JPG
    192.3 KB · Views: 332
  • hackberry_960x650.JPG
    hackberry_960x650.JPG
    155.1 KB · Views: 308
  • buckeye_960x568.JPG
    buckeye_960x568.JPG
    128.7 KB · Views: 270
  • ash_960x559.JPG
    ash_960x559.JPG
    125 KB · Views: 291

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
All look great, but the Hackberry is extra beautiful!

Nice set of donations.

Last edited:

thewishman

Beautiful! The middle in the group shot looks like Rich's crotch buckeye - I bought most of the rest of it.

Rich does have the most beautiful wood blanks (his basement stash is even more spectacular!) but woods are not appreciated by my market. Make sure you get some of his spalted persimmon this year.

Top Bottom