Squeeze converter filling

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

biednick

Hello,
I recently picked p some squeeze convrters for kitless pens. The problem with them is that after the first squeeze, squeezing it again squirts that ink back out. Is this just the way it is and they only hold the ink from the first squeeze? Or is there a trick to it?

Thanks,
Nick Biederman

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rick_G

Haven't used one for many years but if I remember correctly after the first filling take the nib out of the ink and point it straight up. Gently squeeze either until you start to get ink coming out or a full squeeze, then put the nib back in the ink and let it suck up more ink. Repeat as necessary. It's been at least 50 years since I used one of these so there may be a better way.

IPD_Mr

You can do it that way but the basics is put it in squeeze and release. No you will not fill it all the way but the principle is the same as a lever filler or a button filler. The lever or button presses a bar that deflats the sac, pushing air out of it. When you release it fills the sac with ink. Depending on your writing and how thick and wet of a line your nib lays down that one squeeze should last a few days.

monophoto

Hello,
I recently picked p some squeeze convrters for kitless pens. The problem with them is that after the first squeeze, squeezing it again squirts that ink back out. Is this just the way it is and they only hold the ink from the first squeeze? Or is there a trick to it?
/quote]

Yes - you get only one squeeze.

A trick is to squeeze to expel any ink in the converter, and then slowly release your fingers while holding the pen nib in the ink. You will never completely fill the converter, but releasing slowly maximizes the amount of ink that you will draw into it.

Top Bottom