SPW Le Roi Royale Assembly?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Cwalker935

I am ashamed to admit it but I can not figure out how to assemble an old Le Roi Royale kit that I got from Smitty's pen works years ago. I looked at the the various Le Roi instructions on the Exotic Blanks website but they do not help. The coupler has no threads and the transmission has female threads.

Does anyone have the instructions or know how to assemble it?

Attachments

• 2FED2A53-8814-4C04-8FBA-775E1FC067EE.jpeg
    2FED2A53-8814-4C04-8FBA-775E1FC067EE.jpeg
    254.9 KB · Views: 103
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jjjaworski

I think the instructions are in this thread

Cwalker935

Th
I think the instructions are in this thread

Thanks, but I do not see anything for this particular kit.

Cwalker935

I decided to try pressing the transmission into the clip coupler after pressing the coupler into the tube. That worked, I had to adjust the depth that I pressed the coupler in.

Last edited:

jjjaworski

I thought that the post by RKB in that thread had the instructions. Looks very similar to the Royale.

Glad you figured it out.

Brian G

Cody, if I remember correctly, pressing the transmission into the finial until it bottoms out sets the correct depth for pressing the transmission into the clip coupler.

I made a few of the Royales that came as one of Smitty's "surprise" packages. I had problems with the finial twist spinning on the transmission because the finial was too loose. Then I ruined the pen when the loctite I used dribbled inside the transmission and locked the whole thing together. 🤬

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I just found a kit--looks simple. Nib attaches to threaded coupler (brass) presses into one end. Chrome tube insert gets the clip added and presses into the other end of the brass tube. Press the top (with the transmission already inserted in it) into the chrome top insert. Finished.

What am I missing--are yours different? Smitty could have had more than one version.

Top Bottom