Sputnik

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bmac

bmac

Another attempt at a different type of sea urchin referred to as a Sputnik Sea Urchin. The wood is Sapele and I
put a small synthetic opal on the bottom of the finial. These are actually fun to make.

Attachments

• Sputnik Sea Urchin.jpg
    Sputnik Sea Urchin.jpg
    432 KB · Views: 210
  • Sputnik Sea Urchin2.jpg
    Sputnik Sea Urchin2.jpg
    622.1 KB · Views: 182
  • Sputnik Sea Urchin3.jpg
    Sputnik Sea Urchin3.jpg
    254.1 KB · Views: 197
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RKB

That is really nice Bobby. I have been considering making Christmas ornaments like this. If I could ask, Where did you get the Sputnik sea urchin?. Did you connect the top and bottom together, or just glue them to the shell?

Very Nice.

Rod

bmac

Rod, I got these through our turning club, but I think Woodcraft and Craft Supplies sell them. You can also find them on Etsy or ebay. Hobby Lobby or Michael's may have them.
I glued the foot and collar to the urchin and the finial fits into the collar.

Bobby
Louisiana

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Those are excellent! (I got a box of 12 several years ago from ebay, very inexpensive. About $3.00/each I think).

Like what you did with the urchins... thinking about trying some my self sometime..

If I could make a slight suggestion on your photograpny... leave a little more table at the bottom so the bottoms show up higher and better in your pictures.The formum puts some details about the picture at the bottom and it covers your base.

Top Bottom