Springfield Tornado

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

toddlajoie

We're fine. A lot of trees and power lines about 1/2 mile away from our house, but it was very localized. We never lost power, but had no cable/internet last night. One house had a few broken branches, the next house lost 3 trees, and the next one lost every tree, telephone pole and tall blade of grass in the yard... Father's house in Westfield was just as lucky, no damage at all, but 1/2 mile away was severe damage, including a school that lost part of it's roof.

Real's the one I'm worried about. Not 100% sure where his place is, but I think a lot of the West Springfield damage was in his area... Haven't heard any news of significant damage in Southwick, but I haven't been out there yet, so they may just not have made the news reports...

West Springfield Rotary right by Woodcraft is going to look very different next time you visit. Many trees gone, ALL billboards gone or only pieces left, and several buildings near the ramps severely destroyed. If you saw the news footage of the twister on the river, that is right near the store. Haven't had a chance to stop in, but I drove by in the morning and the shops near WC did not seem to have any damage... If Steve was working I'll bet he had a decent show as it looks like it went right in front of the store, but across the street (unless he was hugging a burl in the wood room...) Serious damage across the river in Springfield, but I'm sure you saw a lot of that on the news...

Last edited:

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
I am around 25 miles south of there, so was unaware there was a problem until I saw folks posting on Facebook.

JerrySambrook

Real and Family are ok

Just talked to Real, He lives on the opposite side of town, so the house was unaffected.

His shop was missed by about 100 yards or so, so that to is ok

It was real different to actually watch one form in person.
Funny, not in a ha ha way, what happens when a funnel is forming.

Thanks for asking

Padre

I am just so thankful that so far, all of our members are safe and sound. I will be praying that it stays that way, and also for the victims of the latest tornadoes.

Keep keeping us posted.

Real

Thanks for asking everybody. As Jerry said, we are fine. My home is up near the Westfield line, just opposite the Feeding Hills section of Agawam. So my home is OK.
My shop is down in the Merrick section off Memorial Avenue, just down the street from the Woodcraft. The railroad line seems to be the dividing line. My neighbor at the shop said he saw the tornado basically folowing the rail line before crossing the Merrick section and then across the river. I went to the shop that night and the power was out but that was it. LOTS of downed branches and a tree snapped at the roots on the corner.

Thanks Again
Real

Top Bottom