Spring Picnic - 2009

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Crashmph

Just reallized this pas weekend that I am out of BBQ sauce so I will be bringing a fresh batch with me. Not that the other batch was old... it was canned after all and only 6 months at that. It really surprises me how fast a gallon of BBQ can run out. :biggrin:

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
I'm making a list and checking it twice. I am bringing puzzle kits for Jon P and taps/nib assemblies for Bruce. Anything else for anyone else? Saves you a few bucks in postage!

KN75

James, I can help out with the plates. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone. Not to put a jinz on Sat but, it looks like we should have great weather.

Russianwolf

Well Lou, You may be off the hook.

Lillian hasn't been feeling up to snuff the last couple days, so it may be just me this weekend (with one non-turning pup :tongue:)

We've already canceled our attendance at an Ambassadors Dinner for the 11th too, just too much stress involved for her in preparations(you know how women are).

Draken

I saw a big box of Chinese imitation Bic pens at Staples, I can give you each one if you wish, that will only set me back about $5
OR
I can build all of you one of my PMG pens if you postpone the picnic until 5/30/2027

Certainly, I'll add you to the list. Can I put you down for the buns and condiments (ketchup, mustard, relish and/or mayo)? Jon (Goodturns) is bringing buns for his brisket, but we'll still need buns for the chicken and hamburgers. If you'd prefer to bring something else, let me know.

Thanks!

Draken

Thank you Keith (KN75) for the plates, that would be great, and thank you Michael (MDWine) for the silverware, also appreciated. Thanks to Jenny for bringing cups as well.

So if the weather turns, can we all blame Keith? :tongue:

Sorry to hear Lillian won't be able to make it, I'll adjust the head count.

See everyone on Saturday!

Last edited:
Certainly, I'll add you to the list. Can I put you down for the buns and condiments (ketchup, mustard, relish and/or mayo)? Jon (Goodturns) is bringing buns for his brisket, but we'll still need buns for the chicken and hamburgers. If you'd prefer to bring something else, let me know.

Thanks!
OkeeDoKee, Buns and condiments it is. See U there

Rstyleusa

James,

My wife and I will unfortunately not be able to attend the gathering tomorrow. Sorry for the short notice as I was looking forward to meeting some fellow turners.
I hope everyone enjoys themselves and hopefully I can meet up with people next time there is a gathering.

Thanks,
Nate

Draken

Keandkafu please bring a side dish to replace the one Rstyleusa was signed up for. Sorry to hear you can't make it Nate.

I'm going to divy up the blanks from Papaturner and Kallenshan Woods into 14 lots for the 14 IAP members we have currently on the list.

See everyone tomorrow!

Crashmph

mouth watering... It doesn't help that I just finished the BBQ sauce.

Any last minute items needed?

Should I bring my lathe?

I know we said no alchohol, but would it be a problem that I bottle my sauce in a JD, Capt Morgan, or Crown whiskey bottle? It pours fairly easy out of those bottles.

just in case you were wondering what 25 lbs of briskit looked like.....

Russianwolf

Just got home, Charlie is exhausted and I have a nice driver's tan on my arm. It was a blast chatting with everyone. Hopefully Lillian will be able to attend the next one.

Special Thanks to James and family (cutest little girl I've seen since my nieces were little) for hosting the event.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
It was great to see some old friends and to meet some newer ones. James and family are wonderful hosts, as always.

I did end up with a plastic bag of blanks that do not belong to me. If you ended up missing same, drop me a note!

keandkafu

It was great to meet everybody today, I had a great time and a special thanks to James and his wife for hosting. The brisket was great as was the BBQ sauce. Thanks to all for the different blanks I aquired. Until next time....(maybe closer to Delaware....????, only took 3 1/2 hours to get home ugh!!!)

Kevin

Draken

The family and I all had a great time, and we look forward to this picnic every year (tentative date for 2010 is May 22nd). It was good to see some old friends and make some new ones. The food was great and I'm looking forward to having some leftovers tomorrow (yummy!).

To clarify on Bruce's post, Jon mentioned smoked turkey breast, already shaping up to be a good picnic next year. Not to forget the sausage mentioned by Mike and the Philippino dish by the other Mike.

Thanks to everyone for making this a great event! Already looking forward to next year, but we need to get together a bit more often than once a year. Any suggestions for a fall gathering?

Cheers!

Crashmph

The family and I all had a great time, and we look forward to this picnic every year (tentative date for 2010 is May 22nd). It was good to see some old friends and make some new ones. The food was great and I'm looking forward to having some leftovers tomorrow (yummy!).

To clarify on Bruce's post, Jon mentioned smoked turkey breast, already shaping up to be a good picnic next year. Not to forget the sausage mentioned by Mike and the Philippino dish by the other Mike.

Thanks to everyone for making this a great event! Already looking forward to next year, but we need to get together a bit more often than once a year. Any suggestions for a fall gathering?

Cheers!

Maybe at my place when we get settled in the new house this fall... :rolleyes: Big Maybe.

Thanks much to all of you. It was a blast. I am looking forward to the next gathering.

KN75

I had a great time meeting everyone yesterday and many thanks to James and his family for the hospitality.

I look forward to the next gathering.

Top Bottom