Spring Meeting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DustyDenim

I was just wondering if there is any program in the works as far as demonstrations for the March meeting. I was also wanting to know how Freddie Pike is getting along with his recovery from surgery, anyone heard from him recently?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

edman2

Local Chapter Leader
Hi Fred,
I am still in the Rehab facility in Bolivar. I will probably be here another three weeks or so. I can bend my legs 60 degrees and working on getting to 90 degrees. Braces set to come off around February 12. I should be out by Spring meeting.

We are currently working on finding a place for the March 20 meeting. Larry Randolph is working on that for us. We do need demo leaders. If anyone is willing, just post or send me a pm or email. More when we find a place.

excalibur

Folks I spoke to Freddie breifly about this at the last meeting and our offer still stands - if needed Excaliburs family owns a meeting hall in Aurora MO and would be willing to let the IAP use it (no charge) - it has multiple power outlets - a tile foor (so cleanup after demos is no problem) - and a full kitchen if we want to cook there as well. Of course added bonus is that it is out of the weather should that become an issue. Freddie stated he would prefer a Springfield or other large town location (for ease of traveling craftsmen and women to find) however if a location is needed the offer stands.

excalibur

Just received Freddie's e-mail regarding the meeting location - Debbie and I will see you all there - If a location is needed in the future and you all feel comfortable coming to Aurora the offer will stand for future meetings if the Chapter so desires - SEE YA IN MARCH

edman2

Local Chapter Leader
Niels and Deb,
Thanks for your offer for a meeting place. We will talk about this at the March meeting and see what the folks think. If being in Springfield (Grizzly, HF, and other shopping) is not important to the group, then I think this would open up various locations for us to use. See you in March.

excalibur

Folks as I am fairly new to this was wondering if someone could help us out with a demo at the meeting. It may sound odd but I can not figure a good way to apply a quality CA finish so a demo would be nice.
Deb and I have been busy working with the Southern California Professional Dart League (my sis is President) to begin making Professional hand turned darts - the "kits" are nice for amatuer throwers however the "Pros" have a different standard for overall weight, shaft length and diameter.

Top Bottom