Spring Meeting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

j_b_fischer

Local Chapter Leader
Drumming Up Attendance

Thanks for covering for me in organizing this meeting.... I've been swamped at work.

I'll be calling everyone (if I have the phone number) in the Chapter to remind them of the meeting. Everyone try to remember to call other that you know that might want to attend (and that means, some people might get more than one phone call ... apologies).

Let not forget to sign up for the 'bring-alongs' (snacks).

Item 1 - regular soft drinks (2 bottles)
Item 2 - diet soft drinks (2 bottles)
Item 3 - salty snack
Item 4 - sweet snack

Everyone should bring ...
· A show-n-tell items
· A business cards you use for your hobby
More later (this week) ... check this thread often.

pinelumber

spring er winterr er dpring meeting

Just got out of the hospital today I plan on being there . I will bring 2 diet pop.

Dennis
Pine Lumber :bananen_smilies104::RockOn:

Muggsy1776

Jim,

Got your message today- sorry I missed your call but thanks for calling. I will try to make it but can't guarantee anything. My boy has a Boy Scout camp out this weekend and we are supposed to be back on Sunday but i'm not sure what time. If I get home early enough I will be there.

Hello everyone,I'm unable to host sunday I had some family stuff to take care of(everyone is fine).I'm very sorry for the short notice,see everyone soon.Oh May 11th I'm having one of my open houses,literally tons of wood for sale.Thanks,Victor

j_b_fischer

Local Chapter Leader
CHANGE of Location

Victor - I hope everything is OK. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help. And don't worry about the meeting ... we'll deal with it.

EVERYONE --- I'm thinking there's not enough time to 'find' a new location, so just show up at my place. I'll ask everyone to reconfirm so I know how much chili to make.

I'll go update the other threads now so people will find the correct addresses for the correct meetings.

Talk/type to you all soon.

Jim

j_b_fischer

Local Chapter Leader
Current Counts

I've talked to a lot of you on the phone. The current tally seems to be:

~8 confirmed to attend
~8 possibly attending
~4 declines
~14 no responses

I'm thinking we'll have between 10 and 16 people.

Everyone is welcome to bring a guest ... no advance notification needed.

BTW -
  • I'm making Texas Chili (defined as 'no beans')
  • Everyone should bring their business cards (for their pen/woodworking hobby/business)
  • If you went home from previous meetings with nice pieces for wood, you are expected to eventually bring it back as a show-n-tell item!
See you all soon !!!

LeeK

Hey everyone!
I will be there! Hurray!

I'm also bringing 3 items for sale:

Grizzly 14" band saw.
Hitachi miter saw, lightly used
Fan, squirrel cage air mover.

See you tomorrow
Lee

j_b_fischer

Local Chapter Leader
Done !

Attendance was a little lite, but a good time was had by all ...

A special thanks to Pat who came in from Iowa (OK, mot just to see us).

We had a presentation from Jim (not me, but Jim from the Blue Water Wood-turners group) about Pens for Troops. If you are interested in making some pens for our military service personnel, here are the highlights of our discussion:
  • You provide the pen (kit & blank).
  • Use any kit you like ... you can also get a slime-line through Blue Water Jim for $2.
  • You can contact Blue Water Jim directly (PM me), or let me know (via a new thread in the Michigan forum "http://www.penturners.org/forum/f90/michigan-chapter-pens-troops-110132/") and we'll arrange to have them available at the next meeting.
  • Once the pen is complete, bring them to our next meeting and we'll get them back to Blue Water.
  • The Blue Water organization has been making and forwarding pens for 4 years now. I don't see any reason to do the work to setup our own channels when we can team up with Blue Water and take advantage of the work they have already done.
  • Please see the thread mentioned above to learn more and to discuss the logistics, ask & answer questions, etc.
Thanks to Mark Ruby for the advice on bowl turning.

I'll setup a new thread for the summer meeting ... talk/type to everyone there!

Last edited:
Top Bottom