Spring 2016 Meeting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

j_b_fischer

Local Chapter Leader
Use this thread to discuss the Spring 2016 Meeting which will take place on Sunday, April 24th.

The location has not been set yet, which means it will be at Jim Fischer's place (6007 Justine, Belleville, MI 48111) unless someone wants to volunteer their place.

As usual, the meeting start time is 2:00, with a 1:30 start time for those that want a free 30 tutorial on pen making.

We currently have (tentative) volunteers to demonstrate:
1) Closed end pens
2) Wood (bird and fish) carving

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

j_b_fischer

Local Chapter Leader
Good News ...

This is great.

We now have a offer to demonstrate hollow ornaments

AND

an offer to demonstrate closed end pens.

Keep'm coming in ... both offers to demonstrate and requests for topics.

Oh yah ... and a promise to bring wood carvings (fish and birds) as show and tell. Would anyone like to see how its done?

j_b_fischer

Local Chapter Leader
Reminder Email Sent

Just sent a reminder email to all those for whom I have email addresses. If you didn't get the email and would like to receive reminders, let me know your email address and I'll add you to the distribution list.

(Note: You may have received one of these reminders in the past, but didn't this time, because I had to rebuild my distribution list.)

pesbes

Missing another one

Sorry again Jim, but I have a conflict that day. It has been a while since the last time I was able to make a meeting, but I would like to make one again soon.

Phil

Firebird

New members

Hi I was wondering if you were open to new members? Im in Mich and was intrested in possibly getting with other wood people.

Firebird

Meeting

I seen the beleville address of where you meet, do you have a time and should I bring something ?

j_b_fischer

Local Chapter Leader
Just 2 weeks to go

Just sent a reminder email for the meeting that will take place in 2 weeks. If you didn't get the email but would like to receive reminders, let me know yours email address and I'll add you to the distribution list.

Just 2 weeks to go (did I say that already?) ...

Please reply to let me know if you'll be attending.

I need the demonstrator volunteers to contact me to confirm.

We'll need volunteers to bring:
  • Soft drinks (both diet and industrial strength)
  • Sweet snack
  • Salty snack

I'll have the chili waiting for you.

See you soon.

Jim

j_b_fischer

Local Chapter Leader
I've received some emails and PMs, so I know several people will be attending. However, only one has checked in here. Please do so in order that everyone can see how many will be attending.

One deomonstration (closed end pens) is confirmed.

A sdecond and third demonstration (fish carving & hollow ornaments) haven't confirmed, but I expect them to be there.

Hope to see everyone there!

See you in 2 days ... at 1:30 (for free tutorial) or 2:00 (regular meeting), at 6007 Justine St., Belleville, MI, 48111.

Jim

j_b_fischer

Local Chapter Leader
Ditto

Yes !! Thanks to you who attended. I thought the demo, show-n-tell, and conversation was fantistic.

I'm closing this thread and will create a new one for the discussion of the summer meeting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom