Spring 2014 Meeting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

j_b_fischer

Local Chapter Leader
Please use this thread to discuss the spring meeting.

Demonstration topics are needed. Let us know what you would like to see (or demonstrate).

Reminder:

The meeting will be Sunday, May 4th at Dan Wright's house.

Dan, born in west Michigan learned basic woodworking from his Dad who taught him everything he knows about wood. After High school Dan attended the College for Creative Studies and studied graphic design and fine art. Dan has made furniture, trim and lots of pens. Today, when he is forwarded the time, Dan continues exploring new materials for turning.

44061 Pentwater Dr.
Clinton Township, mi 48038

Talk/type to you soon.

Jim

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

j_b_fischer

Local Chapter Leader
Time To Plan ...

OK ... It's March ... Time to talk about the Spring meeting in earnest.

Question 1 - what are the odds that there will still be snow on the ground for the meeting?

Question 2 - Dan will be 'showing & telling' his new shop (in his new house), what will you bring to show & tell?

Question 3 - Demonstrations !!

With regards to another bowl demonstration; what is your interest level? Any volunteers?

What about salt/pepper shakers?

Making a ring on a goblet base?

In other words ... what would you like to see and what are you willing to show?

Let's talk it up ... thanks.

And review your calendars to make sure the day is open for you. I'd like to see if we can bust our attendance records (26).

Talk/type to you soon.

Jim

scotirish

I cleared my schedule to be in attendance. :biggrin::biggrin: Scheduled an oil change and auto inspection to facilitate the long trip (about 2 miles :redface::redface:) to the meeting. Looking forward to it as I missed the last one. :frown::frown:
Ron

j_b_fischer

Local Chapter Leader
The Time is Ticking ...

OK, Easter has come and gone and we're less than 2 weeks away from our meeting on May 4th.

A couple of people have mentioned schedule conflicts and won't be able to make it, but the rest us should plan on having a good time. The weather will cooperate ... all we need is you.

Please check your circuit panels. Over the past few years I've collected some circuit breakers of various types and have no need for them. I've got some Square-D, GE, and I think a Seimens. I'll bring them to the meeting for the swap table. So if you're thinking of adding a circuit or two in your workshop, I'd be glad to get you started on your project.

Also, I've recently added a dust collection system to my shop. If you think dust collection is in your future, bring your questions and I'll tell you what I know. Then everyone else who already has dust collection can tell me what I did wrong!!

I'm off to work on a project at the moment, but I'll be back later this evening and we can start talking about volunteering to bring various items (snacks, show-and-tell, etc,)

See (type to) you then.

Jim

Last edited:

pinelumber

spring meeting

Now that I am done with the open heart surgery I'll be there!!. I bring diet pop and hopefully a bunch of guests!

Dennis
Pinelumber :bananen_smilies104::RockOn:

pinelumber

MAY 4 MEETING

Come on there is no weather reason you can't come!! It is not mothers day!! There are no conflicting meetings!! SHMBO will always add something else to YOUR list!!

Dennis
PineLumber:bananen_smilies104::RockOn:

j_b_fischer

Local Chapter Leader
Hi Bruce ... 1:30 is the start time, and we usually talk shop (kinda like telling fishing stories) until the host (or more likely their spouse) kicks us out ... which is usually around 5:00.

j_b_fischer

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks ...

Thank you to all those who attended. And a special thanks to Dan for hosting. Dan has a very nice garage shop and a very nice birthday present in the shop (table saw).

We had 4 of our regular attendees, 4 guests from the Blue Water Turn Club, and a first timer (welcome Leo!).

We started on time (1:30) and most of us broke up at 5:15-ish, although a couple of us hung around until a little past 6:00.

I posed a few questions that will be posted in the thread for the Summer Meeting (coming soon).

Talk/type to all of you soon.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom