sponsorship

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
Just FYI, re: sponsorships.

Not sure how Mike's been finding it, but I've had very little interest in the sponsorship idea from the vendors I've contacted.

We may end up with only a few sponsors this year - which is fine - but perhaps it might be something to eliminate in years following if it's only one or two sponsors taking part.

Plenty of time still, though - time will tell! :)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Just FYI, re: sponsorships.

Not sure how Mike's been finding it, but I've had very little interest in the sponsorship idea from the vendors I've contacted.

We may end up with only a few sponsors this year - which is fine - but perhaps it might be something to eliminate in years following if it's only one or two sponsors taking part.

Plenty of time still, though - time will tell! :)

What is the deadline for signing up for sponsorship? It would be nice to nail that down by mid-Jan at the latest.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Probably want to make it early Jan (10ish). Allocation of prizes is always a problem. Prizes come in AFTER the allocation is done, especially one or two annual PIA's.
Set a FIRM deadline and keep it.

This year, I won't be filling in holes, so these rules should apply to Exotics as much as anyone else.

Set Wed the 29th as the deadline, give the info to allocation committee, post allocation on Friday night. Saturday the bash begins.

FWIW!!!!!
Ed

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I get two whole days! I will be able to get sleep on one of those nights.

Remember that is what I ASKED for, Mike!!!!

You will actually get the usual two hours with a few people (contest chairmen) breathing down your neck!!

Last edited:

Brooks803

It would be "nice" to have the prizes listed as we post the rules, etc. for each contest. That way we don't have to have a mod insert that info after the bash has begun.

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
It's going fairly well, thus far. Many prizes are being shipped to Jeff, especially when the vendors are very reticent (to say the least) about shipping internationally - so Jeff should have many of the prizes in hand.

That being said, we might have to have Ed organize a separate 'Help Jeff defray the Shipping Costs of your Prizes' fundraiser! :) (not a bad idea, if I say so myself!) :)

Early contest announcement - i.e. before the mid January soft deadline - is going to make it hard to also announce prizes. The prizes come in slowly - in some cases, management teams have to meet to discuss our cause and their donation before they commit.

Speaking of which - we do not have a federal ID tax number, do we? (I'm a Canuck, so I have no idea what that entails)

Last edited:

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
A federal tax Id requires the blood sacrifice of a goat and beheading a chicken at midnight.
and a few other arcane dark rituals. Or you can fill out some forms with the IRS which is even worse.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
It's going fairly well, thus far. Many prizes are being shipped to Jeff, especially when the vendors are very reticent (to say the least) about shipping internationally - so Jeff should have many of the prizes in hand.

That being said, we might have to have Ed organize a separate 'Help Jeff defray the Shipping Costs of your Prizes' fundraiser! :) (not a bad idea, if I say so myself!) :)

Early contest announcement - i.e. before the mid January soft deadline - is going to make it hard to also announce prizes. The prizes come in slowly - in some cases, management teams have to meet to discuss our cause and their donation before they commit.

Speaking of which - we do not have a federal ID tax number, do we? (I'm a Canuck, so I have no idea what that entails)

Lucky, LUCKY Jeff:eek::eek::eek::eek:

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member

Lucky, LUCKY Jeff:eek::eek::eek::eek:

That was his call, Ed - we'll see how he feels about it next year! :)

I'm trying to get only non-IAP members and vendors to send their prizes to Jeff, thus far, to prevent him getting overwhelmed (and IAP members are easier to track down)

Andrew

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Andrew, I've only gotten a few prizes. I got a $50 from Lee Valley the other day.

Here in the south :biggrin: The Federal tax ID number is called the "Employer Identification Number". Our EIN is 27-1703530 I don't know why someone would want that unless they were giving us a very large prize.

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Here is the latest Sponsorship list.

Attachments

• Contest Sponsorships Available.doc
    23.5 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I have a question. I see that Majk blanks is sponsoring one of the youth contests. If that sponser has a child that qualifies for that event can they enter it? I think its Ed Icehouse and I believe his daughter isnt old enough this year. Is there a difference between not being able to chair or enter a contest you sponser and your child entering? Just looking for clarification if it comes about.

mbroberg

He wanted to sponsor a youth contest and chose the one he did specifically because his daughter isn't in it.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Is the list of sponsorships above now complete and fixed? I'm ready to set up the forums and the front page links but I need everything cast in concrete.

Is that the full list of contests? Seems like a couple are missing?

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I know that Smitty contacted me tonight about available contests for sponsoring and I sent him the list and refered him to Mike B. I dont know if has made a decision or contacted MIke. How hard is it to change it once its created?

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
A few questions:

Is the sponsorship list doc above complete and final?

In the forum description and on the front page, I'll have a link to the vendor sponsoring the contest. There are some on the list for which I don't know the website: Brooks Blanks, JohnU Fantastic Feathers, and Maj'k Blanks. No problem if they don't have their own web pages, I'll just use their name.

mbroberg

That was the topic of discussion we had earlier, HERE. They do not have web sites, they sell through Exotic Blanks.

We have no one else coming forward to sponsor. If we do I'll plug them in. Otherwise it is final.

Last edited:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Mike, R and B Crafts was supposed to contact you about sponsorship. This was Friday or, yesterday maybe. I asked that he get in touch with you. Might double check your PMs & emails.

mbroberg

R&B Crafts decided today that they would like to sponsor the Intermediate Beautiful Pen Contest. I'll edit the document in post 14.

Brooks803

Thanks for the heads up Mike. I'll adjust my intro page accordingly.

On that note. What are the specifications we need to put for each sponsor? Their name and a link to their site? For JohnU on the beginners contest do I put a link to his exotics page or his IAP page?

mbroberg

Jonathon,

I don't think it is necessary for you to put any link on your intro page. Jeff has already included links to sponsors in the contest forum titles and they will also be posted on the front page. I certainly would mention, and thank, the contest sponsors in the opening posts of the sponsored contests.

Top Bottom