Spending some time with new puppy while off work

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jjjaworski

I have been spending a lot of tie with our new puppy while off work after my rotator cuff surgery on October 14th.
She is a handful and we make regular early morning trips to Starbucks. I have a couple of large cups of coffee and she gets her Pup Cup while we sit outside .
It is all part of her training to be a service dog being in that type of environment.

The photos are from a couple of months back before the surgery. I see my doctor tomorrow for the 6 week checkup and hope to be back to work on light duty. The bonus would be not having to wear this arm sling much longer.

I have been tempted to try some turning but trying to steady a tool on a rest with my left arm in a sling isn't a good idea. Besides the danger of getting something caught in the lathe the vibrations up my arm is also a big negative. I'll be back at it soon enough. Going through this with my right shoulder in 2019 makes me very aware of how long recovery takes.

Hope everyone has a pleasant Thanksgiving. Hope you enjoy the photos of Brady our Labradoodle.

IMG_2185.jpg Brady 7-28-21.jpg IMG_2268.jpg Brady 2 7-28-21.jpg IMG_2310 (1).jpg IMG_0063.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenB259

Best to not hurry the recovery. Love seeing your dog, they can be a handful, but the love they give back is precious.

jjjaworski

Best to not hurry the recovery. Love seeing your dog, they can be a handful, but the love they give back is precious.
Ken,
I am doing all my physical therapy exercises at home between appointments and trying very hard not to do the things they tell me to avoid - like lifting more than one pound with the left arm.

She can be a handful and is full of that puppy energy ( only 7 months old and growing like a weed ) but a wonderful addition to our family.
Of course, the cats are finally accepting her on a limited basis.

Jim

KenB259

Our Zoey will be two years old in May, still a lot of puppy left in her. Fencing in our backyard was a Godsend. She's a beagle lab mix and she loves the outdoors. She's very mischievous, playing fetch in the yard, she'll bring a ball back to me, but after awhile she'll start throwing it down the egress window well, so I have to keep climbing down there to get it. Yup, she's got me trained 😀

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
We have two Labradoodles with our adult kids - the pups are AWESOME!

Patience with the recovery. Two weeks too soon = a longer recovery.

Be well, and enjoy the time with the puppy! 🐕🐕🐕

gimpy

Pup cups are the best
at least Sophie says so

Take your time and listen to the Dra
Wishing you a speedy recovery

Attachments

• 13EB69B6-86D1-4CED-BB12-29C0590ED2CA.jpeg
    13EB69B6-86D1-4CED-BB12-29C0590ED2CA.jpeg
    456 KB · Views: 51

Madman1978

Introducing the 2 most spoiled furry things in the world!
Zeus (Kitty) - Bomber (Puppy)

Attachments

• 20211021_125522.jpg
    20211021_125522.jpg
    327.4 KB · Views: 47
  • 20211021_181539.jpg
    20211021_181539.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 44

tomas

I have been spending a lot of tie with our new puppy while off work after my rotator cuff surgery on October 14th.
She is a handful and we make regular early morning trips to Starbucks. I have a couple of large cups of coffee and she gets her Pup Cup while we sit outside .
It is all part of her training to be a service dog being in that type of environment.

The photos are from a couple of months back before the surgery. I see my doctor tomorrow for the 6 week checkup and hope to be back to work on light duty. The bonus would be not having to wear this arm sling much longer.

I have been tempted to try some turning but trying to steady a tool on a rest with my left arm in a sling isn't a good idea. Besides the danger of getting something caught in the lathe the vibrations up my arm is also a big negative. I'll be back at it soon enough. Going through this with my right shoulder in 2019 makes me very aware of how long recovery takes.

Hope everyone has a pleasant Thanksgiving. Hope you enjoy the photos of Brady our Labradoodle.

View attachment 321515 View attachment 321509 View attachment 321510 View attachment 321511 View attachment 321512 View attachment 321513
First, switch her to decaf! I had similar surgery a few years ago. I had a full incision surgery and rebuild. Hopefully, they were able to do yours via scopes. With shoulders a slow, patient, recovery with plenty of PT from the physical terrorists. You will be happier in the long run with the results. I was very surprised at all the movements that affect the shoulder joint.

Bryguy

I'm recovering from shoulder replacement which took place in June. Take your time with your recovery. Do the PT and enjoy your dog. I'm back to turning as of about 3 weeks ago.

TonyL

Speedy recovery and cute pooch! I have had 4 right shoulder surgeries and need a 5th. The slings stink, but it does remind you not to reach out for thing and others not to knock into you. Be well.

Top Bottom