Spare Mix-match Pen Components

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tkelley

Hello everyone! Thanks for all the great information found on this site! I am new to pen turning. I purchased a Jet VSI JWL1014 from a nice gentleman and with it he threw in a multitude of pen kits components (INSIDES) and I am kind of at a loss as to pair up these items. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to pair them up or an ideas what I could do with them? I don't know if any of these pen kits are interchangeable? It's a bit overwhelming. LOL Thanks in advance!
Tonda

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Curly

Welcome to the forum.

Are the parts still in the bags? Tubes, clip, nib, refill, centre band, etc.? Any markings or labels on the bags? The Library has a bushings and tube list for all the pen kits and there is an app to make it handy. Once you find out what kits you have you can look on the company website for instructions on how to make and assemble the pen.

dogcatcher

Is this just a box or bag of parts, or are the parts in kit bags?

If the first, your best is to set them aside and buy some kits and get some experience using the kit as directed. Then with experience, you might get into the kitless pens, where you use parts of kits and create your own "creations" from the mix matched parts.

A photo will help others determine what you have.

magpens

It's really hard to help without a picture.

Since you are new to this, you probably don't know where to start with all those parts.

I can understand your puzzlement.

One thing you could do is have a look at a few websites of pen kit vendors. . The best one to start with might be PennStateInd.com because they have the best online documentation with pictures and diagrams (in their instructions for each kit they sell). . But they won't have info for *every* kit you might have ... they only document the kits that they design and sell on their website. . As I said, good place for you to start, but it will take several hours to familiarize yourself and get to the point where you can match your parts up with the pictures/diagrams on their website.

Here's a link that might get you started:

https://www.pennstateind.com/store/pen-kits.html

Top Bottom