SPAMMER

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Folks, the user "echo" is a spammer. My apologies if any of you have received an email from him via the messaging system here. That account is locked and will be deleted.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dario

Yep, he got my website email and spammed me there. It got sorted properly by yahoo thoughand it went straight where it belongs.

Thank you Jeff.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry guys, he's persistent. Came back once before I could block him. The bigger we get, the more attractive a target we are for spammers.

Anyone receiving any kind of spam via our mail server (will have @penturners.org in the 'from' address) from this guy 'echo' or anyone else, please forward that email to me.

I absolutely hate spammers. [:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!] It just isn't possible to run a site like this without exposing the administrator email in the clear, and it has been harvested like you would not believe. The admin account for this site (i.e. ME) gets, and I kid you not, 400 spam emails a day. I bet I spend an hour every day trying to find the legitimate email in all that trash. If you send me an email and I don't respond in a day at most, send it again.

timdaleiden

Originally posted by jeff
I absolutely hate spammers. [:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!]

Mmmmm, spammmmmm....

morespam3.jpg

[:p][:p][:p][:0][;)]

timdaleiden

Originally posted by Randy_
<br />Yum!! You're making me hungery!![:D][:D]

The funny thing about spam is, it actually smells like real food.

:)

If it wasn't for the little bits of gristle, or whatever that is, it might make for a half-way decent meal.

leatherjunkie

yep i got a email too from him.

i sent him a email. this is what i wrote:

Sir,

the penturners website is designed to allow people to get help in making custom ink pens and showing off what they create in their shop.and is also designed to share information to everyone that enjoys working with wood in its raw state.
the website is not designed for businesses like you to sell pens and boxes.

Please do not ever contact me again on this matter.
I will never purchase your product. I make my own custom exotic hardwood pens and dont plan on purchasing a custom pen from anyone.

ed farmer

baldysm

If you have Outlook or Outlook Express, Cloudmark (www.cloudmark.com) is a awesome spam control thing. I literally get over a thousand spam emails a day (7 email addresses or so).

With Cloudmark, I only see about a dozen or so. It's very accurate and painless. It also happens to be the sole reason I use Outlook.

No commerical connection, just a very happy customer.

gerryr

In Albert Lea, MN, or maybe its Austin, MN, they have a Spam festival every year.[:0] If I recall correctly, it last a 2-3 days and includes sculpture and cooking contests and all the Spam you can eat.[:D]

Randy_

Originally posted by timdaleiden
[br
The funny thing about spam is, it actually smells like real food.

:)

If it wasn't for the little bits of gristle, or whatever that is, it might make for a half-way decent meal.

Apparently, Tim, you were never a Boy Scout?? [:D][:D]

mewell

Originally posted by baldysm
<br />If you have Outlook or Outlook Express, Cloudmark (www.cloudmark.com) is a awesome spam control thing. I literally get over a thousand spam emails a day (7 email addresses or so).

With Cloudmark, I only see about a dozen or so. It's very accurate and painless. It also happens to be the sole reason I use Outlook.

No commerical connection, just a very happy customer.

And if you're on a Mac, you need JunkMatcher [:)] from http://junkmatcher.sourceforge.net/Home/

mikes pens

He sent me an e-mail also which I deleted. Afterwards I kind of wish I had taken his e-mail address and used it to sign him up for a lot of spam. That would keep him busy sorting through what he needed and what he didn't.

DWK5150

Originally posted by mikes pens
<br />He sent me an e-mail also which I deleted. Afterwards I kind of wish I had taken his e-mail address and used it to sign him up for a lot of spam. That would keep him busy sorting through what he needed and what he didn't.

I took care of that signed him up for lots of stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom