Spalty Menards Garden Stake

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from budnder

budnder

Noticed some very spalty garden stakes and Menards, and thought they might be interesting... stabilized red, orange, and purple(very subtle). The black from the spalting is kinda heavy... might come in handy if you needed blank with a color scheme that required black.

Attachments

• MenardsGardenStake-8977.jpg
    MenardsGardenStake-8977.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 351
  • MenardsGardenStake-8979.jpg
    MenardsGardenStake-8979.jpg
    236.9 KB · Views: 311
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Sataro

Very nice looking pens! I have bought a bundle of spalted garden stakes from Tractor Supply on clearance before. Ended up with a nice bunch of spalted blanks.

magpens

That is a very nice pen !! . The blank must have cost you $50 !!!! . Yeah, I mean it ... it's a very nice pen !!!!

budnder

Yeah, if you do the math the blanks are like a penny a piece or something ridiculous. I think I gave 1$ for the whole bundle of garden stakes. I did kinda chuckle when I was stabalizing them as to them soaking up more $'s in cactus juice than they originally cost. I bought them probably two months ago. They were kinda damp and I wrapped them all up in plastic wrap to maybe keep the spalting going, just for fun. That orange streak in the unstabalized blank on the far right in the last picture is new since I bought them - some kind of fungal fun from being damp and wrapped up for a few months.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I'm not picky on my sources - that pen is GREAT! No need to pay top $$$ when you can find stuff like this.

Top Bottom