Spalted Tamarind is my new favorite blank

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from KMCloonan

KMCloonan

I bought a bunch of fantastic blanks from Steven Davis, including some spalted tamarind. I stabilized the blank and made this knurled Dayacom Professor pen with it. The spalting was amazing!

004.JPG

005.JPG

I am also experimenting with a more neutral gray background, based on other photos I've seen on this site, and I have to say, I do like the difference (I was using a black background for the longest time).

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Something to think about. When you blend colors, like neutral gray, in your photographs that are similar, people like me can't see your pens. I always use what I consider a bold background so that the object I'm displaying doesn't blend in. In your photograph above I can just make out your pen, which looks very nice. Just something to consider that will help color challenged people like myself.

KMCloonan

Something to think about. When you blend colors, like neutral gray, in your photographs that are similar, people like me can't see your pens. I always use what I consider a bold background so that the object I'm displaying doesn't blend in. In your photograph above I can just make out your pen, which looks very nice. Just something to consider that will help color challenged people like myself.
Thanks for the feedback. I will try other options for backgrounds as well as the grey.

jttheclockman

One of my favorite kits too. I am gathering material for 2 of those kits right now. One is the gunmetal as yours and another will be chrome. Those kits are so smooth to operate. Nice combo on the blank. well done.

Larryreitz

I've bought and made pens with Spalted Tamarind. I have never had a blank that even approached that quality. Perhaps I need to look at other vendors. Thanks for showing. Based on my previous experience I had crossed it off my list. Maybe time to rethink. Beautiful pen!

Top Bottom