Spalted Pecan Salt and Pepper Mill Set

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from kyaggie

kyaggie

I had an order for a spalted pecan salt and pepper mill set. I thought I was out of the stuff that I had gotten from Mike Smith last year but while waiting for my order from him I (and my client) lucked out when I found two pieces in my wood stash. They are finished with Wood Doctor's Pens Plus followed by microcrystalline wax.

Mike

Attachments

• BenedettiSpPecA.jpg
    BenedettiSpPecA.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 297
  • BenedettiSpPecB.jpg
    BenedettiSpPecB.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 230
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ttm7

beautiful work: salt pepper yes which is salt. and how would i know.
turning and finish flawless nice job.
i love pecan pie and now i love pecan wood.

Last edited:

kyaggie

Thanks very much! I usually put a walnut plug in the top of the pepper mill and/or a birch plug in the top of the salt mill (both are ceramic CrushGrind mechanisms) but Mother Nature helped me out here as the very top of the mill on the left has a lot of the brown spots on it including a large one in the very center. Also the very top of the mill on the right is almost devoid of any brown spots and instead is essentially solid cream color. So I left them as is without any intrusion on my part...

Mike

Mike

kyaggie

Thanks for the nice comments! The wood is really some beautiful stuff so it makes turning it easy... just make it round and smooth and the wood will really sing. :) I got several boxes of pepper mill spindles from Mike Smith yesterday and from the outside this batch of pecan is going to be at least as beautiful but probably even more so!

The more I use Wood Doctor's Pens Plus, the more I like it... it gives a nice glossy semi gloss look but it still feels like wood.

Mike

Last edited:
Top Bottom