Spalted Bowl # 15

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from PreacherJon

PreacherJon

This one is twice turned
7 1/2" x 3"
Friction Polish

I lost one today when the tenon snapped but I didn't get this one... so a good day overall.

Attachments

• Spalted Maple 9d.png
    Spalted Maple 9d.png
    863.2 KB · Views: 104
  • Spalted Maple 9e.png
    Spalted Maple 9e.png
    869.7 KB · Views: 120
  • Spalted Maple 9a.png
    Spalted Maple 9a.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 121
  • Spalted Maple 9b.png
    Spalted Maple 9b.png
    1 MB · Views: 113
  • Spalted Maple 9c.png
    Spalted Maple 9c.png
    983.8 KB · Views: 100
  • Spalted Maple 9f.png
    Spalted Maple 9f.png
    729.9 KB · Views: 110
I have one that the tenon tore off as well, but I plan to put it on the vacuum chuck, flatten the bottom and put a waste block there as a new tenon... determined to save the bowl.
I was coring it with my woodcut corer and when the core came out it jammed the big bowl and twisted the tenon off.... the bowl is some nice colored poplar and I want to hang on to it.

PreacherJon

I have one that the tenon tore off as well, but I plan to put it on the vacuum chuck, flatten the bottom and put a waste block there as a new tenon... determined to save the bowl.
I was coring it with my woodcut corer and when the core came out it jammed the big bowl and twisted the tenon off.... the bowl is some nice colored poplar and I want to hang on to it.
I understand. I don't have a vacuum chuck and I've got to get to the rest of the stash before it wants to start punking up. I was able to flatten the bottom. Couldn't really sand the piece. so... I soaked it in some mineral oil overnight and then I put my wax past mix on it. Now it is a fairly decent catch-all bowl for the shop.

Top Bottom