"Space" / Pressurized refills

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

I was reading and taking notes lying down, and wondered if anyone every tried (and found them a good choice) the "Space"/pressured/upside-down writing refills.

Thanks for reading.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Psychmike22

I have used them in a few pens. Make sure that the refil comes with a with a white plastic adaptor to make it "Parker" style.

Does anyone have an inexpensive source for these in bulk?

TonyL

Thanks for the heads-up. I wouldn't have considered that. I am still unsure of the compatibility - I am not doing this long. I have been Googling around for a source, but until I am sure they will fit my pens, I will probably only buy a few. I will send you a PM with my number, in case you learn more.

KenV

Shop around for price. They tend to vary a bit between vendors.

Fisher was the one I used on my every day pen for 10 years. Rain snow etc. Worked consistently on write-in-the-rain field books in pouring rain or freezing weather.

More costly, but performed everywhere.

TonyL

Believe it or not, after a cursory serach, it appears thar Staples has them for $4.59. Seems like $5 is the price to beat. With a Staples coupon, you can them for about 4, if you spend $50.

The thrill of the hunt can be more enjoyable than the acquisition.

frank123

I use them in the click pen I usually carry outdoors in the hot summer. They avoid the problem of leaks from the ink getting hot and leaking out ruining my shirts I've run across with some other refills (Gels in particular).

They also seem to write pretty well on wet paper (on rainy days when a note absolutely has to be made while outdoors). Usually an instant start as well no matter how long or in what position it has been left sitting.

TonyL

Great site. I found 3 on Amazon for 12.50 and no shipping. We will see! Thank you :)

TonyL

Fisher refills

Let us know how they work out for you. I was reading somewhere that they can be a bit blobby.

I do like them, but I agree...the two that I have used so far, have been ever-so-slighly blobby.

I was really not impressed with the OEM Cross refills.

Top Bottom