Space Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

carlmorrell

After seeing the announcement yesterday regarding the shuttle pen, I decided it was time to photograph these and share. It was a 3 box set. came with autographs.
IMG_3093.JPG
IMG_3094.JPG
IMG_3095.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

What exactly are we looking at?? Can you explain more. Did make these?? Are these sold as an outside source pen?? Is that a decal. We need more info. Looks like a nice kit if that is indeed a kit.

carlmorrell

What exactly are we looking at?? Can you explain more. Did make these?? Are these sold as an outside source pen?? Is that a decal. We need more info. Looks like a nice kit if that is indeed a kit.
I did not make these. They are a commemorative set, the proceeds went to a Scholarship fund. What I purchased was a 3 pen boxed set with autographs. I can not remember if at one time you could buy one pen. I decided on the three pen set because autographs came, and these pens are serialized, 500 sets were made.

carlmorrell

They pens made by Retro51
there is a set for sale on ebay for $950
Wow - just looked at that. My set is from Retro51 and the packaging is similar. the set on ebay does not mention signatures.

carlmorrell

Jim Lovell, Charlie Duke, and Al Wordon.

I have a Jim Lovell story. He came to Lenovo a few years ago. He was there mainly for STEM (Academic program). But it coincided with the launch of our product brand that happened to have an internal code name Apollo. He gave an incredible lecture, that my buddies and I talked about for days. Walking up to the building that day, I realized I had made a huge mistake. I have an Estes Saturn5 about a week away from completion. if i was not an idiot, I would have completed it, and pushed to have a real rocket launch with Lovell pressing the button. One of my great regrets that I did not think of it just a few days sooner.
Lovell.jpg
Duke.jpg
Worden.jpg
certificate.jpg

I once had my picture taken with George Bush 1 except my wife was having such a problem with the camera that all the photo shows is our hands shaking. The only way I can identify that it was me was through my Class Ring. Win some lose some, but you have the memory and you can't make up for "what I could'a/should'a done". Cool story though and I feel your pain.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
That's a great set! I tried to get the set of 3 but I missed out.
I did get the Apollo. It's still unopened. I really enjoy those Retro 51 Tornadoes.

Top Bottom