Southeast Local Chapter of the IAP

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
If you would like to help form and be a part of the Southeast Local Chapter of the IAP, please post your interest below.

This club will extend to ANYONE who has participated in the Bubbasville for the Atlanta Area, so all of the participants we have had from Alabama, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Florida are welcome to join us in our endeavor.

Club meetings will NOT only be held in the ATLANTA area. Several concepts have meetings moving closer to several locals, in order to gain participation from out of state members.

We will gather names and interested parties until the end of this week, and then we will proceed with the organization. You may still participate after the deadline, but we will be formulating the particulars in order to get the club up and running.

Thanks

Robert Johnson

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Skye we are looking for participants, and folks who are just interested in coming to events when they can, so I am glad to see you and others finding interest! Casual interest is perfectly fine, and all levels of participation are welcome! At the end of the week, I will post some additional details, and hopefully have some folks to get a board together with. Right now I have firm committments from 5 people, and those who have posted here.

The prospects are exciting! Next week we will know more, so everyone keep posting your interest, and if possible, your level of participation.

Thanks

Robert

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
I totally understand the gas situation. My office is 45+ miles away from my home, through some of the most brutal traffic in the country. That is close to 100 miles to and from work everyday. Trust me, I appreciate your concerns.

Our idea is to hold meetings in outlying areas as well, to help facilitate the folks outside of the area to come. Besides my wife likes traveling to Florida!

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
UPDATE 09/15/2008

To form a Chapter, you need a minimum of 5 people committed to participate in at least one meeting per year. More meetings are encouraged, but each group may set its own meeting frequency.

Once you have 5 members ready to roll and want to set up your first meeting, contact me and I will set up a sub-forum for your Chapter. Keep in mind that the Chapter sub-forum is not a substitute for the rest of the IAP forums but simply a location to post Chapter specific activities.

Skye

We're looking at 7 or 8 as we stand now.

1.) Robert
2.) Me
3.) Davinci22
4.) Jim
5.) Bruce
6.) Hans
7.) djz9
8.) Al

We need to get in touch with a few people; Bruce Boone, Marc Phillips, Ron Mc (even though he sold his stuff), Chris Higdon, Julia Tate, Andy (twoofakind), Ozman, Bruce (Orgtech), and wasnt TBone at the last Bubbasville? I can try and contact these people to let them know about the group. Someone let me know, I don't want to double up on contacting them.

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Skye, thanks for volunteering. I have sent information out to several of those individuals concerning the chapter. I have information back from a few. I have 6 people locally here that are willing to start the chapter, so I am positive we are a go now, but wanted to hear from the folks we consider our dear friends and participants in our past Bubbasville. I will contact Lou and get us started, but please do not stop showing interest here.

Doc, you have hit upon one of the things we would love to do. We would love to have smaller groups meeting, and have "road" trips for some of the core groups to meet with the other groups. I am laying out some things now to see how they would work, and at the end of the week, I will post them up.

Thanks again everyone, and keep the interest growing!

bruce119

I would interested and would join. But Atlanta is out of my range. Maybe a few turners down here closer to Tampa will chime in hold hold a meeting down this way from time to time.

Bruce

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Lou has set up the Southeast US Forum over in the Local Chapters link. If you are interested in joining us, no matter how many times you can come to a meeting let us know here or over in the NEW SOUTHEAST LOCAL CHAPTER forum...WOOHOOO!!

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
I would interested and would join. But Atlanta is out of my range. Maybe a few turners down here closer to Tampa will chime in hold hold a meeting down this way from time to time.

Bruce

Hey Bruce, can you say spring break! Seriously, you could host a pen turning spring break and show us how you do those wonderful mad mixes! I would love to include anyone who is willing to participate, and if there is not enough interest to get a Florida chapter up, you are welcome to join us.

How many lathes and penturners can we fit in the back of a Southbound 24 foot UHAUL? Wanna find out????? Let me know!

VisExp

I'm in. I wonder if we can explore ways of having smaller groups spread around the SouthEast. Then from time to time, meet as a large group?

I agree Al. I'll like to be counted as part of the SE group, although I don't think I'll be a regular at any events due to the distance. I'm also trying to get a NE Florida chapter going.

bruce119

I agree Al. I'll like to be counted as part of the SE group, although I don't think I'll be a regular at any events due to the distance. I'm also trying to get a NE Florida chapter going.

Me too. I would like to be active but I am limited on distance for a few reasons.

Tampa area I saw Spring Hill & Brooksville also.

And trust me I would not be a good choice for a host. Bruce & Al know they were here take that and times it bye 10. I am the worst pack rat there is.

Bruce

DocStram

Well? Are we going to plan a get-together or what? For what it's worth, I spoke with the owner of WoodCraft in Atlanta. He offered to let us use his store for a meeting. The problem is that they use the shop on the weekends (and often evenings) for classes.

Anybody have an idea for a meeting place and possible date?

Let's do this!!

Top Bottom