Southeast Indiana Checking In

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Hickory45

I have not yet turned anything but am ready to begin....I am starting small with a Harbor Freight 10 X 18 mini lathe and a collection of youtube videos and a DVD from PSI. I want to try and make contact with other turners in the area and possibly watch a first hand demo. I am located between Versailles and Madison Indiana and looking forward to this hobby.

Paul

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jbostian

Welcome from a fellow Hoosier. This site is a great source of knowledge. Lots of very helpful people and great how-to articles. I am west of Indianapolis, so I am not local to you. But Indiana seems to be represented pretty well and you might be able to find some turners local to you. There is an Indy group that has meetings a few times a year. They are usually a pretty big gathering with demos, Q&A, pen swaps and door prizes. I believe they are planning one for the spring. It might be worth the drive up.

Jamie

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Welcome from Texas, Paul.

That's a good starter lathe you have there. I bought the Rockler equivalent of that lathe when I first started turning and it's served me well.

I hope you'll join in the upcoming BASH activities - even if you aren't ready to enter a pen just yet, there will be lots of other contests and activities to check out. Let me know if you have any questions.

Top Bottom