South Australia in lockdown...!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Hi peoples,

Well, we have had it too good with the corvid19 while some other states had lots of troubles, however, that all changed when in recent days a huge number of cases have been detected so the Government yesterday has declared lockdown from midnight last night.

Only main services are operational to a degree, only one person from a household is allowed to go out at one given time and has to use a mask, that is compulsory anyone caught without one while in public will be fine.

Borders are closed as expected and some "idiots" are running to supermarkets to get all they can, this has been the case with the first wave and while the Government is asking for people no to do it, idiots always do what idiots do, they can't be helped unless they are sent back at the source.

I can't really say that I was not expecting this second wave up here since the corvid19 has hit us all over the world doing the damage it has been doing with the uncertainties of what this virus is capable of doing, nothing surprises me anymore...!

Keep safe peoples.

Cheers
George

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

1080Wayne

At least your goverments have the guts to do what needs to be done , George . Most are more concerned about their economies . You do have the advantage of being in your summer season though , whereas we in the northern hemisphere are looking forward to 4-5 months of winter .

Hope you and Merissa are able to stay away from the doctors . Will be thinking of you .

magpens

Hang in there, George !! . I think it is worth it to cut the risks while your numbers are as low as they are.

I don't know what the rules are, but where you live you could be able to still spend lotsa time in your shop.

Keep us posted. . I and others will be thinking of you.

PreacherJon

Do not let fear run your life. Many people want to control others through fear... stay the course.

robutacion

Hang in there, George !! . I think it is worth it to cut the risks while your numbers are as low as they are.

I don't know what the rules are, but where you live you could be able to still spend lotsa time in your shop.

Keep us posted. . I and others will be thinking of you.
As I said, South Australia has been pretty lucky with the number of cases with the virus since day one, the fairly recent situation in Victoria, Melbourne and NSW where the pandemic went totally out of control for a while has given governments from other states a good idea on how to prevent things from getting that bad so yes, government is taken no unnecessary chances and put in place policies that affect us all but with the intention of protecting us, people now (some at least) have a better understanding of what corvid19 is capable of doing and therefore take further precautions that before were ignored and that can only help the next person around.

I think I forgot to say that the initial duration of this lockdown was for 6 days starting yesterday and that is not too bad but Merissa just told me that she heard in the news that the lockdown may end earlier so, will see.

By the way, up here, inside of your property boundaries, you are free to do whatever you want, leaving the front gate that's another story but we will be OK, I spend some time in the afternoons between my work-shop and the lolly-shop every day, there is where my sanity lies...!

Cheers
George

bsshog40

Personal accountability needs to be taken by more people. Protect the vulnerable population and use guidelines. Those that think shutting down economies is a better plan, are not in touch with the working class population. I work for a small company that has been in business for over 30 years. The last shutdown, we laid off over half our employees. We are still struggling to get back on our feet. If we had another shutdown here, we would probably go out of business. Shutting down the country is not an answer to saving lives. It will destroy more lives than what it tries to save. Respecting each others space is what will help save lives.

Last edited:

rherrell

Hi peoples,

Well, we have had it too good with the corvid19 while some other states had lots of troubles, however, that all changed when in recent days a huge number of cases have been detected so the Government yesterday has declared lockdown from midnight last night.

Only main services are operational to a degree, only one person from a household is allowed to go out at one given time and has to use a mask, that is compulsory anyone caught without one while in public will be fine.

Borders are closed as expected and some "idiots" are running to supermarkets to get all they can, this has been the case with the first wave and while the Government is asking for people no to do it, idiots always do what idiots do, they can't be helped unless they are sent back at the source.

I can't really say that I was not expecting this second wave up here since the corvid19 has hit us all over the world doing the damage it has been doing with the uncertainties of what this virus is capable of doing, nothing surprises me anymore...!

Keep safe peoples.

Cheers
George
The key word is CASES! Stands to reason the more testing you do the more CASES you have.

magpens

If cases increase, they will increase whether you are tested or not.... if a person is infected and not tested, he is still infected -- and can spread the virus. Testing does not create the cases, only identifies them.

@TellicoTurning

You are totally correct, Chuck. . Even if you have an undeclared epidemic, the cases increase ( by definition !).

You don't even need to know you are in the throes of an epidemic !!

I have never understood the argument from a certain focus of attention that the cases increase BECAUSE you are testing more !!!

rherrell

WRONG, testing finds more cases because...wait for it... most people that have it have NO SYMPTOMS, therefore without testing they never would be counted.
BTW, since when does a pandemic have a 99% survival rate?

zig613

"BTW, since when does a pandemic have a 99% survival rate?"

The definition of a pandemic isn't tied to a survival rate of those affected. From Merriam-Webster dictionary... "occurring over a wide geographic area (such as multiple countries or continents) and typically affecting a significant proportion of the population"

And I am glad/hope not to be one of the 1%. Stay safe everyone!

robutacion

I just wanted to "butt-in" on the conversation about the meaning of the word "pandemic", I understand and agree that this word shouldn't be used lightly, it's true meaning is horrifying and devastating, however, I have also to say that I didn't know the true meaning of the word until recently, obviously, this word was never part of my daily vocabulary and I would say to most of us until recently but, I know the reason I used that word and anyone in Australia regardless of State will confirm/validate that Australian news channels use that word daily to describe the situation and that was from where I picked that word as something "normal" to explain the situation, ignorance is no excuse and I apologise for me using that word but one would think that TV channels and newspapers bosses are "educated" enough to know that the word "pandemic" was not the word to use, why they did it...? I don't know, dramatizing the situation ever more helps no one.

Cheers
George

robutacion

Not again [emoji2959].
We are planning to come down March next year, so expect a knock on your door.[emoji108]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
At the moment Mark everything is OK but in March next year I wouldn't have a clue about what position we will be with the virus, I only hope that this nasty virus goes away sooner rather than later.

As for knocking on my door, you know you guys are welcome anytime.

Bytheway, have a safe Festive Season.

Cheers
George

Top Bottom