sources for individual pen parts for customizing

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gatek33per

Trying to find sources that sell the individual parts of a standard slimline pen kit. Working on a customer's request to have a special .5 mm pencil design, but have been unsuccessful so far. Specifically, need the "plunger guide" for slimline pen by itself. I don't want to rob an existing kit and render the kit unusable. I will need to make one of the parts from scratch, but that piece will not be visible after assembly. The "guide" piece I am looking for has a chrome finish and can be used without modification. Anyone know of sources that sell such kit parts individually?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

Trying to find sources that sell the individual parts of a standard slimline pen kit. Working on a customer's request to have a special .5 mm pencil design, but have been unsuccessful so far. Specifically, need the "plunger guide" for slimline pen by itself. I don't want to rob an existing kit and render the kit unusable. I will need to make one of the parts from scratch, but that piece will not be visible after assembly. The "guide" piece I am looking for has a chrome finish and can be used without modification. Anyone know of sources that sell such kit parts individually?
`"plunger guide"? Can you explain or show a picture?
Don

Gatek33per

The plunger guide is how the part is labeled in the kit diagram for assembly.. The kit is PSI number PK-PENXX-PEN and Diagram A shows it on the right side of the pen parts as the guide being the piece that locks the clip in place and the opening in the end allows the "clicker button" to advance or retract the writing tip. Link to instruction sheet -- https://www.pennstateind.com/library/PK-PENXX_ins.pdf
I am trying to find this part sold separately without getting the whole kit.

Penultimate

It might be cheaper to buy a 0.5mm Pentel pencil and make a new body.
I also use slim line kits and turn down the centerband tube ID so I can make a one piece body.

Gatek33per

Thank you all for your inputs. Based on all the comments and some of my additional research, I decided to take a different approach. If it all works out, I'll try to post a picture and update this post. Happy turning everyone!

Top Bottom