Source of Better Quality Stylus Tips?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

Hi Folks:

I have seen the mesh tips, but does anyone know if they are other "higher quality" (less flexible rubber or mesh tips) tips are compatible with the PSI Executive and/or GTKnurl. I just made my first stylus Executive, and I (personally) would not use it on anything that can be operated with a stylus for fear of the refill point scratching the screen of my (or a customer's) devices. The rubber is very thin and flexible.

Thank you!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CREID

The best stylus I have found is on the end of my fat finger. Never have made a stylus and to be honest the only one I know that uses one is my 80 year old mother. I attend a community college and all the young people there use their fingers.

TonyL

Here ya go Tony, I prefer these over the rubber tips and I've yet to have one fail

Thank you Vic. They are excellent but not compatible with the PSI Executive, but I appreciate the help!

MTViper

Tony,

I carry a KnurlGT with a stylus and have since they first came out. I've never had a problem with the nib sticking out of the stylus or the stylus compressing too much and allowing the nib to scratch a device.

My fat fingers are about 3 letters wide so a stylus is essential for me. I'm very happy with the stylus on the Executive, KnurlGT, and Big Ben from PSI. The fact that the stylus portion is replaceable if it gets torn or wears out is just another good feature to me. Give it a try and I think you'll like it.

TonyL

Thank you. I have tried it and I am careful with it - it worked well! My "concern" is that a customer will not be as careful (which is not really something I should concern myself with). I bought about 15 of these, so I will be making/selling them. With the point of the refill being so close rubber hole, it is just a concern. I am going to see if PSI sells a mesh type that works with the GT and Executive. I probably should have done that before bothering all. Thanks again!

its_virgil

Probably not what you want to hear but one option is to disassemble and start over. I know you hate to lose a mice blank. Ed's solution is also a good choice as is using a shorter refill. But sometimes the better solution is to punt and regroup.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

TonyL

I already use a shorter refill, but thanks. Maybe, my PSI review with inspire them to sell an upgrade (something that cost .005 cents to make, with a selling price of $3 :biggrin:). The pens and stylus work fine. I just don't want my clients or I/my wife to scratch their $900 iPhones/Andriods etc. It is good for signing those receipt devices at department stores...they are already banged-up and I don't like grabbing their stylus. I am good on the advice....thank you all; I am very appreciative of your ideas. Maybe, I will invented one, and get laughed off of Shark Tank LOL.

OK..off to do my 2016 taxes...nothing like the CPA waiting until the last minute :frown:

Attachments

• Executive Stylus 1.jpg
    Executive Stylus 1.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 121
  • Executive Stylus 2.jpg
    Executive Stylus 2.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 110

hcpens

Link issues

Don, When I clicked on your two links by your signature the bottom one returns :Not Found
The requested URL /articles was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

and in your website, nice, I found some of the same issues, not sure if it's me or on your end.

Richard

Probably not what you want to hear but one option is to disassemble and start over. I know you hate to lose a mice blank. Ed's solution is also a good choice as is using a shorter refill. But sometimes the better solution is to punt and regroup.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Penultimate

Tony
If you are looking for stylus tips go over pen nibs I can't help sorry. If you are looking for better styli I have a couple recommendations. I use mesh stylus tips but put a bit of rubber eraser inside to make it firmer. It is a better writing experience. Also, PSI makes disc styli that work really well. That is my current tablet stylus.
Mike

Sent from my iPad using Penturners.org mobile app

Top Bottom