Source for Exotic Burl Blanks - Bad Dogs ?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

A few years ago, I bought some Aussie burls from Bad Dogs Burl Source.

The website was ... www.burlsource.com ... not sure if it's working now ... looks strange.

Bad Dogs Burl Source is no longer a registered EBay seller .

Anybody know anything about this source ?

Or any alternate source for Aussie burls such as Corrugatta and Concinna, and others ?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dehn0045

I believe the business was sold a while back, the new owner had a house fire (possibly a rented space) and I don't think the business ever was restarted. This is all based on 2nd hand information -- except for the fact that I couldn't find them either.

I have heard good things about australianburls.com . There is a limited selection of pen blanks. Seems like higher end pieces and high but not completely unreasonable prices.

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Been a few years since I bought from them. Doesn't look like they sell anymore. Might try Bellforest or Cook woods

wood128

A few years ago, I bought some Aussie burls from Bad Dogs Burl Source.

The website was ... www.burlsource.com ... not sure if it's working now ... looks strange.

Bad Dogs Burl Source is no longer a registered EBay seller .

Anybody know anything about this source ?

Or any alternate source for Aussie burls such as Corrugatta and Concinna, and others ?
I am still in business Mal ! , but no Aussie Burls. YOU DONT NEED MORE WOOD ......that is what my wife tells me at least once a day !!!!!

howsitwork

and there speaks many a wife......

Mind you there maybe some validity in the statement , NEED is the key word. WANT is another debate altogether, in my house anyway...

magpens

I am still in business Mal ! , but no Aussie Burls. YOU DONT NEED MORE WOOD !!!!!

You're no salesman, Joe, saying that I don't need wood when that's your business ! :D:cool:
It's specifically Aussie burls that I want/need (what's the diff ?) at this time. . Not much available.

@wood128

EDIT: Haha !!! , Joe . . I see that you have now been inspired to post a "Pen Blank Sale # 2" Ad.

I'll take the credit for that inspiration .... plus this follow-up !! . And I see you've included some Eucalyptus ... gettin' close, but not close enuff !!

There you go ... you even got a sale ... thanks to me !! . Don't forget to send along my commission !! :):D

Last edited:

wood128

You're no salesman, Joe, saying that I don't need wood when that's your business ! :D:cool:
It's specifically Aussie burls that I want/need (what's the diff ?) at this time. . Not much available.

@wood128

EDIT: Haha !!! , Joe . . I see that you have now been inspired to post a "Pen Blank Sale # 2" Ad.

I'll take the credit for that inspiration .... plus this follow-up !! . And I see you've included some Eucalyptus ... gettin' close, but not close enuff !!

There you go ... you even got a sale ... thanks to me !! . Don't forget to send along my commission !! :):D
Did you place any auction bids on that Ebay site I told you about ?

Top Bottom