Sorby ProEdge and mini tools

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenB259

I have a ProEdge and my wife just bought me a 3 piece mini/pen tool set. There's no way to use the standard jigs, the tools are just too short. I created my own jig to sharpen the small gouge and it is working great. I'll attach some photos. In the first few, there is just a hole, the same size as my gouge. I ended up cutting a v shape to the sides of the hole. I can get better control when I can hold it down with my thumb. Thought I'd share in case others with small tools run into the same issue. If also love to see other solutions. IMG_0956.jpgIMG_0957.jpgIMG_0958.jpgIMG_0959.jpgIMG_0961.JPGIMG_0960.JPGIMG_0962.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenB259

I feel dumb[emoji19]. It turns out the jig included with my ProEdge will work to sharpen smaller tools. I guess it's not a waste of time if you learn something in the process.

magpens

Don't say that, Ken ... you didn't even have to tell us !!

But now that you have, it is nice to know that such a jig is included.

So while we are on the subject, would you mind showing us a picture of the mini-tool set also, please. . And please put a 12" ruler in the picture for reference. . I am shopping for a mini-tool set myself and would find this helpful, please. . Oh, and put the jig in question into the picture too, please.

KenB259

Don't say that, Ken ... you didn't even have to tell us !!

But now that you have, it is nice to know that such a jig is included.

So while we are on the subject, would you mind showing us a picture of the mini-tool set also, please. . And please put a 12" ruler in the picture for reference. . I am shopping for a mini-tool set myself and would find this helpful, please. . Oh, and put the jig in question into the picture too, please.

Pictures attached. IMG_0964.jpgIMG_0965.jpgIMG_0966.jpg

Top Bottom