Sometimes, Life Gets In the Way...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Herb G

I owed out a BOB for the last BASH. I had every intention of sending it out ASAP. Well, I was fighting off the flu. It was the worst I've had in the last 25 years. I literally thought I was going to die, and I even got the flu shot this year.

Well, I finally got over it after a month, then my car took a major dump on me. So, I got sidetracked for over a month after that happened.
I was stuck here with no transport for a whole month.
No cash to fix it either. My brother helped me out & got it running again.
Then, I had a major gout attack that put me in bed for a few weeks because of it.
I had to order some SFRB because I didn't have any here. That took another 3 weeks, because the USPS is as slow as molasses in January.
I finally got them, then I had to have surgery on my right foot and the Dr. took a mass off it. That laid me up for another 3 weeks.

It has been one damn thing after another around here since January this year. I contacted the receiver of this BOB & explained what happened.
Thankfully, that person has been more than patient, and I am finally mailing it off tomo on my way to a follow up visit to my Dr. for my foot surgery.

I'd like to take this opportunity to publicly apologize to this person, and offer my humble apologies to the forum in general.
This year has been kicking my ass since it began.

Thanks for reading.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sbwertz

Wow! You really got the problems dumped on you this year! Hope the foot is doing well. Members here are understanding if you keep them posted on what is going on. We are all pulling for you.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I hope things continue to get better for you Herb. In situations like this ("Life's Plans") the key is communication. Most IAP folks will understand perfectly well, and all is good if they know what's going on. You did well to stay in contact with the recipient; a simple PM goes a long way.

Be well.

magpens

Sorry to hear of your misfortunes, Herb ! . You've had more than your share for a decade. . Hope you get well and stay well !!

Top Bottom