Something very interesting.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

el_d

Just got my CSUSA email and they got the stylus for the iPad, iPhone as a kit......I already ordered but just thought some of you would be interested.

CLICKY HERE for the link.

:bananen_smilies039: :bananen_smilies008: :RockOn: :bananen_smilies051:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

t001xa22

Lupe, thank you for the heads-up. My wife has been wanting a fancier stylus for her tablet. I was wondering when someone would come out with the kit.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I got that too Lupe. Do they work with iphone where you have to drag your finger across the screen? I may have to get some of these and, make some kitless stylis' :biggrin:

penhead

Local Chapter Leader
Another thought that just hit me...one of the reasons that (I) haven't jumped on the tablet/square bandwagon is i just can't picture having someone sign their name with their finger (yea, i am sure it works fine and just me being paranoid) but if this stylus works like advertise...wouldn't that be a highly usable feature for the customer to use to sign thier name in the 'square' tablet form..?? 8>)

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
The iPad 2 uses the same type of screen as most all tablets and new smart phones use today as far as the "touch" portion goes. It is a capacitive screen and the CASUA ad says the stylus is capacitive so it would work just fine.

As for customers signing their name with Square and other cc aps, it works just fine. I made my own stylus re-doing an off the shelf stylus and it works fine. I used it at the last show I did.

BlackPearl

Coincidentally I went to dinner last night with my 30 something son and a group of his friends at the table with 12 of us there were 9 iPads , 2 Android tablets and 14 smart phones of one shade or the other.

I asked if a stylus was something that they would be interested in and to a person the all looked at me like I just grew a second head. "Why use something when the were designed to use your fingers?" the feeling was that it would also be difficult to do gestures other than taping i.e. could not enlarge or shrink etc., and it would be just one more thing to loose.

Woodlvr

I was not going to say anything but CSUSA has a plug with it that goes into the earphone socket to hold it for the little ones anyway. I am not sure I am a real fan of mine as I have to push down pretty hard for it to work, too many hard taps on the screen worry me. The reusable press bushings is extra, a little over a dollar I believe.

el_d

I guess that some people wouldn't use them but if I had one on the end of my pen I may actually be able to see what I'm hitting instead if typing then having to go back and erase because I don't want to lose my train of thought. I know my fat fingers tend to hit send right in the middle of a text.

ALOT of folk don't have my problem....... Fat fingers........ (not to mention fat gut, fat back, fat arms fat legs.....fat az.....

Sam@CSUSA

The reusable bushing is a separate purchase. The price is $1.30 and as the name suggest... it's reusable! Let me know if I can answer any other questions.

Rob73

My concern is detection is party heat sensitive on tablets. Once you guys have some made and test them out on tables report on how well they actually work ;)

alphageek

Former Moderator
Monty said:

Monty, I don't want to downplay the idea that there has been intellectual theft of ideas, but this is an idea that has been asked for quite some time. That and the post you linked too is a couple of weeks old - I am sure these were well on their way from overseas by then.

Now if some puts the tip one the back end of the pen like you did later on... That might be another story.

alphageek

Former Moderator
Rob73 said:
My concern is detection is party heat sensitive on tablets. Once you guys have some made and test them out on tables report on how well they actually work ;)

???

All that I know are either touch or capacitive. Which ones have heat??

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator

This is incorrect, at least with an iPad. The iPad is strictly capacitive which this stylus will work just fine. I know this for a fact since I have a iPad2 and a stylus I made up myself a while back and it works just as good as your finger.

el_d

Any coments from the customers about your Stylus Curtis?

Was it comfortable to write with for them? Since everybody is so used to using their finger?

Rob73

This was a concern of a friend of mine when I showed him the kit and asked him if he would like one for his new tablet he got for a wedding gift.

This is incorrect, at least with an iPad. The iPad is strictly capacitive which this stylus will work just fine. I know this for a fact since I have a iPad2 and a stylus I made up myself a while back and it works just as good as your finger.

Another thought that just hit me...one of the reasons that (I) haven't jumped on the tablet/square bandwagon is i just can't picture having someone sign their name with their finger (yea, i am sure it works fine and just me being paranoid) but if this stylus works like advertise...wouldn't that be a highly usable feature for the customer to use to sign thier name in the 'square' tablet form..?? 8>)

Time will come and it probably isn't that far away when we won't need to sign anything... just a thumb print or finger print will serve as the signature... even back a few years, I had a credit card from a local bank in No. Cal. that required a thumb print on it for ID and some stores have been taking thumb prints on checks for years.

t001xa22

I just got my soft-touch stylus tips and bushing in today from CSUSA. I don't have any pics yet, but the pics on the CSUSA website tell the story. Obviously, they are very easy to install, replacing the top finial on a sample slimline I had. I offer two observations. First, a truly dedicated pen stylus could be an attractive-bodied slimline (or other 7mm tubed pen using a Cross refill), with a soft-touch stylus top and a replacement hard stylus for the refill. Covers all types of touch screens. Lastly, I would hope that the mfg. of these stylus kits offer them in gold plating, also. Just sayin'...........

Top Bottom