Something to go with my pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Painfullyslow

Painfullyslow

Some of you may know that I have done a fair bit of leatherwork in the past. I dusted off the gear and decided to make a quick journal to see how it would look together. This is just a quick and dirty prototype so nothing terribly spectacular, but at least it proved the concept.

Horween leather, black pigskin lining with a fountain pen ready 100gsm journal.

Journal1-1.jpg

Journal1-2.jpg

Journal1-3.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MRDucks2

Nice. Hand stitched and all. Curious as to the choice to sew a circle in securing the pen loop. Is that simply esthetic or is there a mechanical reason behind it?

Painfullyslow

Thanks all! It's been a while since I did any leatherworking. It felt good to get back to it for a little bit.

Nice. Hand stitched and all. Curious as to the choice to sew a circle in securing the pen loop. Is that simply esthetic or is there a mechanical reason behind it?
All of the straps are hand stitched, the stitching around the outside is machine done. I will make a few changes to the design and if I end up making more of these, they will be entirely hand stitched.

And no, no reason for the circular stitching, it just kind of struck me at the time.

Sataro

Very nice job! I haven't used my leather tools in a long time. May have to dust them off sometime & see if I remember how to use them.

Top Bottom