Something New with a Bangle

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JohnU

JohnU

I made this because I haven't seen one yet. It was also something I took to show at the MPG and with everything I had on the table, accidentally covered it up and didn't get to pass it around. It's a one piece bangle core with a small python snakeskin under a CA finish. My wife wouldn't let me give it away. lol

Thanks,
John

Attachments

• snake bangle.jpg
    snake bangle.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 319
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JohnU

It was pretty simple. I started by wrapping the core with some scrap leather to build up the void and saturated it with thin CA, then applied a few medium CA coats to smooth it out. I used 2 part epoxy to apply the snakeskin and covered it with several layers of Medium CA. After it dried I finalized the shape with a carbide tool. I used a one piece core but the guy I got it from doesn't make them anymore. Like stated above, Exoticblanks carries the 2 piece set which would work just fine. Cut a hole in a scrap piece of wood to fit the bangle opening and epoxy or silicone it all together and clamp it side to side. Let it cure and turn it down just below the sides of the bangle. Then epoxy the snakeskin and apply a CA finish. The picture attached shoes a mock up of how I placed it In the chuck to apply the layers. I wrapped it to show the process. Hope it helps. My next one will be feathers.

Attachments

• IMG_6267.jpg
    IMG_6267.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 203
Top Bottom