btboone

Fishy indeed.

Attachments

• aquatica.jpg
    aquatica.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 457
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctubbs

That is just too beautiful! I would love to know just how, but would never ask for that much information and training. WOW! What an astounding work of art. Time measured in days, not hours on something like that. I truly hope the person that receives that ring appreciates the love and work that went into it.
Charles

Arcadia

Those are pretty sweet Bruce. I'm going to pass your website to my son. He works for Ladish Co. in Wisconsin and they forge huge titanium billets. Anyway he was talking about being with "the one". Have you seen Timascus or Titanium damascus? Cool stuff. Great work.

Pat

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
I would love to know just how, but would never ask for that much information and training.
Charles
How - its easy. Spend a few decades perfecting machining titanium, have a really creative brain, develop a nice business so you can afford to buy the best tools, search the world for the best laser on the planet, buy it and make the ring.

Really nice one Bruce!! I think its your best so far on the new toy.

btboone

Thanks guys. The laser is fun, but exhausting too. I'm trying to get a kitten face ring together, and the artwork does take a while to dial in!

Pat, I have used Timascus and done some samples. My concern was being able to get a reliable supply for the bar. Most times I had checked, they were out or would take a while to get some in. It's very expensive stuff as well. I would want to be sure I could support my customers if they ordered rings with it.

JohnDixon

Bruce, that is beautiful! I just love your rings and showed them to my wife earlier. I think I may replace my wedding ring with one of the wood inlays this year for our anniversary.

John

btboone

Thanks guys. John, you can send me a piece of wood for your ring if you want to pick it out yourself.

I've been working most of the day on the laser trying to dial in settings for different types of rings.

Top Bottom