Something different

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from EricRN

EricRN

I got into leathercraft as an auxiliary to my woodworking. I'd use it to line boxes, and make pen sleeves. From there, it was a relatively small jump to true leather products. I also like watches so watch straps were a natural jump. I've made maybe a dozen straps. Only three were good enough for me to use and not scrap. This is my latest. I like making the straps because you can do stuff that doesn't come on any off the rack strap, like the red lining on this one. The outside is indigo blue riviera leather. I've also got a unique knife-edge design on the end of the strap. I really like how this one turned out.
IMG_2775.jpeg

IMG_2776.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kenny Durrant

Wow. I like that. Very nice. Unlike Steve I still wear my watch everyday. I think it's easier than looking at my phone, unlike the newer generation. I've thought about trying leather working. When I was into archery and taxidermy I made a few belts. I know better now because when I get into something I'm usually all in. Now with pens, blanks and other woodworking projects I'd never have time to get any good at the leather. Thanks for showing your work. Now I get to enjoy the craft through your work.

derekdd

I'm still a watch guy and have bought a few replacement straps as I prefer them over metal bracelets.

That is really slick work. I'm impressed!

Woodchipper

I wear a watch occasionally even though I'm retired. Need it to keep track of the things that pile up in life. Phone is handy as it has notifications on the calendar. Thinking about going back to work to get some rest.

Humongous

Hi Eric, Very nice work! I especially like the red thread accents and your edges look very nice. I have gone a similar direction doing wallets, card holders, knife sheaths. I just finished my first holster, just another rabbit hole to explore.

Top Bottom