Something cumberland this way comes

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from watch_art

watch_art

Here's one I JUST finished - and boy are my legs tired. You can see the rest of the pics at the link below. ;)

Thanks for looking.

r145 – Raffle Red | newton pens

img_3367.jpg

img_3370.jpg

img_3373.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Hi Shawn,
Although I'd like to see your pens, it obviously doesn't really matter if I can't. But it is very unlikely that I'm the only one that can't see them and if you sell pens from your site then it would worry me that potential clients couldn't even access your site. I know you asked before if there was anyone else that can't see them, but I'd consider using a different software program if it limited my customer base. :wink:

LOL, I'm sure this one is just as good as your previous ones so I 'liked' it anyway:biggrin:

Attachments

• WatchArt.JPG
    WatchArt.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 185

azamiryou

Beautiful pen, and I can see it just fine. Your site works great for me, too.

Skiprat, are you accessing it from a work computer that may block certain sites or something? Can you see other wordpress sites?

Curly

Nice material. :wink: Pen too. :)

I can see your site on the desk top (iMac) and can access it on the cell phone (guess which one) although it is more cumbersome to look at each picture on the cell since they have to be opened separately. My preference is for the pictures to be uploaded directly to the forum because if you ever take down the pictures on your site for any reason then everyone is in Skiprat's boat and the threads are incomplete.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Shawn, I never even heard of Wordpress until you mentioned it.
Yes, I use a work machine, but I have never had any problem viewing any site before and of course wouldn't know if it was Wordpress or other wise.

But my circumstances are besides the point. The point is, there must be thousands and thousands of potential customers that use the same setup as me. Why limit your viewers?

You have now shown a great photo of a great pen, but have you spotted the problem? You have around 300 views and only a handful of comments and several are about Wordpress. I'm willing to wager that there are many of the remaining 290 viewers that just moved on because they can't see it. :wink:

Like many people, I have the attention span of a flea. If I need to follow links to another site or have to do several 'clicks' to eventually get into a gallery, then I most often don't bother. :biggrin:

watch_art

Shawn, I never even heard of Wordpress until you mentioned it.

You have around 300 views and only a handful of comments and several are about Wordpress. I'm willing to wager that there are many of the remaining 290 viewers that just moved on because they can't see it. :wink:

Wordpress is an online blog site, and like most blog sites it's probably blocked by your work place firewall system. There are lots of sites I cannot visit at school. Forums and blogs being a couple types.

300 views and only a handful of comments - that's usually how it goes. Many of those views are from the same individuals when they check a reply or something like that. Most people don't post on everything they look at anyway - I sure don't - and it's not b/c I can't see the pics.

alphageek

Former Moderator
First off Shawn - GREAT pen. Love that red/black color!

Second to Skiprat - I'm afraid I think your problem is likely more unique to you than you think. I am glad when pictures get posted to IAP, but I don't think Shawn is limiting himself customer base wise when it comes to his choice of sites. Wordpress.com (I am surprised you've never heard of it) is one of the biggest blog sites on the net. Their current stats are "Over 375 million people view more than 2.5 billion pages each month." Wordpress and Blogger are the top 2 blogging sites out there.

plantman

:bananen_smilies104:Shawn; I have all types of protection on my PCs and have no problem getting on your site. Nice pens !! Jim S

Glen Schumann

I don't recall the numbers, but the share of people doing their internet viewing from a work computer is huge. It surely is large enough to be of concern if most people at work are blocked from blog sites. Just my $0.02.

I just poured over your site and wow I am so impressed. Thanks for showing all of those videos. I don't think I am ready to go into your craft that is for sure!

Gilrock

Nice job on the pen!

I also used to have a problem with my work blocking the website where you hosted images but it's not a problem now. I looked up the old post and see you used to host them at coffeegrinderpress.com and those images still get blocked for me but they are working fine at the new website.

Top Bottom