Some work with new photography techniques

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Darrin

Darrin

I'm trying to get better at photos.
Feel free to critique these as I'm always a work of progress in motion.
4A028DFB-F768-474C-BEC3-16396A6AA61A.jpeg

Attachments

• C28AF902-47D2-402B-8541-658AE4773628.jpeg
    C28AF902-47D2-402B-8541-658AE4773628.jpeg
    140 KB · Views: 199
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Pen Joe

great photo, what kind of pen is that and what name is the blank, thanks for sharing, Joe

jttheclockman

If you are going to take your photos looking down at the pen then lose the stand. No need for it. Just lay on a white background as you have and shoot. Now if you are going to add the 3D look and stand the pen then use a stand or prop. When a pen is laying flat on a white background there is no depth of field in my opinion but I am far from a photographer so take my words with a grain of salt.

magpens

First pic ..... You have achieved very nice focus over the full length of the pen ..... I really like that.
The stand is an unnecessary distraction, as John said. . In fact, part of the stand reflects in the clip, and that is, frankly, unpleasant.
Although the picture is very nice and clear, which is very important, it is almost twice too large as it appears on my screen.
I think you should edit to cut down the size so that the whole length of pen fits on one screen. . Of course, others' observations may differ from mine.
Otherwise, extremely nice !!!

Second pic ..... Photographing a totally black pen on a totally white background is always a very difficult imaging & lighting challenge.
Try something else ..... of course, you pretty well have to have a plain background so as to not distract from the pen. . Don't know what to suggest.
One problem is that you have a full-length shadow on the left side of the pen, and that detracts a lot from the pic.
This one is a real toughie.

Top Bottom