Some work featuring BSea alumilite

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from watch_art

watch_art

The customer wanted a pen in the style of a katana (or whatever the short knife is called) with the gray representing damascus steel. Bob did a great job with this one.

katana-1.jpg

This is based on his Kingman Turquoise, but with blue as the dominant color. I love it.
orville-5.jpg

And this is some of his 7 Seas. Made a piston filler with it.
20151022_095938.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mecompco

I love the sword pen! FWIW, the tanto is the knife-sized sword, the mid-sized sword is the wakizashi, the katana is the large sword. This pen reminds one of a sword in shirasaya mounting, where the tsuka (handle) matches the saya (sheath) with no tsuba (guard).

Regards,
Michael

watch_art

The katana looks good. I'm glad to finally see the gray damascus blank turned. Do you have a picture of it closed?

Thanks! Yeah I'm really happy with how it turned out.
katana-3.jpg

I love the sword pen! FWIW, the tanto is the knife-sized sword, the mid-sized sword is the wakizashi, the katana is the large sword. This pen reminds one of a sword in shirasaya mounting, where the tsuka (handle) matches the saya (sheath) with no tsuba (guard).

Regards,
Michael

That's it! :)
Thanks

Ric

Holy Crap Jack! These pens are gorgeous George ! I think all of them are fantastic, but I have to admit that the one fashioned after the Japanese "Tanto" as Michael has pointed out is my favourite. A lot of planning & work has gone into the designs of all three, no four pens, from the blank making, to the drilling, turning thread cutting, both in & outside threads, & all that polishing...Take a bow Shawn, these accolades are all for you.
Great job.
Ric.
'IF LIFE HANDS YOU LEMONS...MAKE MOJITOS"

Top Bottom