SOME SUPERBOWL PENS

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jcm71

jcm71

Hey everyone,
Here are several from my winnings. More to follow. The blanks for the first two are from JohnU. Ringnecked Pheasant turned on a Sierra Australiana (didn't have a SEB available) and Speckled Grouse on a Liberty.

Third is from John Dennis- Pine Cone on a Executive. There was a void in the cone which you can see I filled with turquoise.

Fourth is from NittanyLion - Sugar Maple Burl on an Ultra Cigar. I'm kicking myself here. You can see I got a little aggressive on the upper barrel. Turquoise in a crack in the burl.

Fifth is from Glens Pens- Corian on a Patrizio Europeo (my first corian)

Sixth is from Bobliebo- Azfelia Burl on a Perfect fit.

Comments welcome.

Attachments

• 792.JPG
    792.JPG
    141.1 KB · Views: 218
  • 793.JPG
    793.JPG
    132.4 KB · Views: 222
  • 794.JPG
    794.JPG
    163.1 KB · Views: 199
  • 795.JPG
    795.JPG
    152 KB · Views: 233
  • 798.JPG
    798.JPG
    120.1 KB · Views: 217
  • 799.jpg
    799.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 206
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bobleibo

Well done all the way around John, you've been busy. I am always amazed at the combinations that people come up with for their work, usually ones that I would have never thought of trying myself. Thanks for the lesson in artistic creativeness.
Cheers
Bob

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
OH PLEASE.... Crack some more - the turquoise in the cigar is wonderful!

Nice donations folks... Nice turning!

ossaguy

Wow,those look stunning! I like the touches of torqouise,really adds to it.

Is that hard to apply? Any tips on how it's done?

By the title,I was expecting team helmet colors!

Steve

jcm71

Not hard at all, Steve. Buy some ground turquoise (I believe I got mine from Rockler). Carefully turn down to near finished diameter. Sprinkle the turquoise into any voids/cracks and apply a drop or two of thin CA to set. Rotate the blank and repeat for any voids on the opposite side. Either let cure naturally or spritz with a little accelerator (your choice) and continue as normal.

John

Steve

NittanyLion

I think you know which one is my favorite:wink:I too agree the turquoise is a nice added touch. I love that maple burl...and that's a fine kit you paired it up with. Nice job!:bananen_smilies051:

ossaguy

Not hard at all, Steve. Buy some ground turquoise (I believe I got mine from Rockler). Carefully turn down to near finished diameter. Sprinkle the turquoise into any voids/cracks and apply a drop or two of thin CA to set. Rotate the blank and repeat for any voids on the opposite side. Either let cure naturally or spritz with a little accelerator (your choice) and continue as normal.

John

Thanks for the tips! I saw a sneak peak of the new "Southwest style" pen that PSI will be selling soon,and I think that would look cool on that kit.

Thanks again,
Steve

Top Bottom